Anyone used Nano BiaBasket?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bdogg

Reaction score
I've been looking at the Cheaky Peak Nano BIABasket setups they sell, the look pretty shiny but has anyone had experience using them?

I've seen lots of people using their kettles for 3V setups, but haven't seen their All in Ones in action and am curious what the punters think.

Cheers boys

No, but looked at them pretty closely when I was setting up again after a nearly 10 year hiatus from brewing. I ended up going with a Crown urn, but that was only because I could get that locally and quickly at the early stages of the pandemic :cheers:

No, but looked at them pretty closely when I was setting up again after a nearly 10 year hiatus from brewing. I ended up going with a Crown urn, but that was only because I could get that locally and quickly at the early stages of the pandemic :cheers:

Was that the BIABasket kit you were looking or one of their kettles?

I have 50 litre pot with basket. Wish i'd gone 70 litre. Basket seems a bit under done for the pot. Those really big beers i need to use a bag.

I have 50 litre pot with basket. Wish i'd gone 70 litre. Basket seems a bit under done for the pot. Those really big beers i need to use a bag.

True, is that single batch big beers you find a bit much for the 50?

How many litres are you able to comfortably boil in your 50 without it being sketchy?

I'm wondering more about the basket size, how do you feel about the width of it? The Brewzilla, grandfather etc have the basket only slightly smaller than the kettle, where these seem to have a much bigger gap down the sides of the basket. Does that factor in at all?

Thanks heaps for your reply, its very helpful.

True, is that single batch big beers you find a bit much for the 50?

How many litres are you able to comfortably boil in your 50 without it being sketchy?

I'm wondering more about the basket size, how do you feel about the width of it? The Brewzilla, grandfather etc have the basket only slightly smaller than the kettle, where these seem to have a much bigger gap down the sides of the basket. Does that factor in at all?

Thanks heaps for your reply, its very helpful.
The pot is not the problem, comfortably boil well over 30 litres. My issue is fitting enough grain in the basket for say a 23 litre batch of 6% + beers. The basket seems just a tad small and goes close to overflowing with grain when mashing.

The pot is not the problem, comfortably boil well over 30 litres. My issue is fitting enough grain in the basket for say a 23 litre batch of 6% + beers. The basket seems just a tad small and goes close to overflowing with grain when mashing.

Wow, very interesting, so something around 7lg of grain has the basket maxed out?

I meant KG. I guess that means around 6KG of grain would have that basket maxed out?
Yep thats about it. So if i want to go for say a RIS at 22 - 23 litres. I'll have to use a bag instead of the basket.
If you're really serious go up to a 70 litre with basket.

I was going for 70L but I want to be able to do double batches, up to about 16kg of grain.

Going off your experience it seems like that would be difficult/impossible.

I have the 50l BIAB nano and love it. So easy to use and clean at the end of the day. Must be honest the grain basket is a bit small for big beers but I only brew 23l batches at the moment at 4-5 percent, so basket size is no issue. If you want good info on them, join their facebook page.

I have the 50l BIAB nano and love it. So easy to use and clean at the end of the day. Must be honest the grain basket is a bit small for big beers but I only brew 23l batches at the moment at 4-5 percent, so basket size is no issue. If you want good info on them, join their facebook page.

It looks awesome for sure. Do you use the basket or the bag?

If 50L is small for a single batch I'm definitely worried about 70L fitting a double batch of grain.

Might have to go 90, but then I'd be worried about it being too big for a single batch.

I've emailed CP asking about the maximum grain in the 70L basket, I'll ask about the minimum batch in the 90L as well.

Biggest batch i did was 40 litrrs but it pushed it to its limit with 48liter boil.
Going to start doing 30 liter batches and top up in the fermenter to get 2 x 20l batches. Same as FWK.

I have the 125 litre nano. Love it. So easy to clean and use. I did a RIS yesterday with 26kg grain and had to use about 70 litres of water and then boiled it down to 40 litres. You can't really do single brews in the 125 as you need to use to much water to get to the basket height

Cheeky Peak replied, the 70L BIABasket accommodates 12-13 KG of grain.

Not enough for double batches, so I would be looking at the 90L setup.

I'm waiting to hear if the 90L can do single batches

I have the 125 litre nano. Love it. So easy to clean and use. I did a RIS yesterday with 26kg grain and had to use about 70 litres of water and then boiled it down to 40 litres. You can't really do single brews in the 125 as you need to use to much water to get to the basket height

That's great feedback, it looks awesome and seems more flexible / future proof than some of the other all in one systems.

If they have one that does double and single batches, ill go for it.

Does anyone know what the max grain bill could be used in the 50lt basket version?

Back