Anyone tried this?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewgasm

Reaction score
IMG_20180419_172059.jpg

Currently have MJs Bavarian wheat in the fermentor. Just the can + 1kg dlme and subbed the kit yeast with safbrew WB06. I am saving the workhorse for a homebrand "larger" that I will be putting down tonight. I am living 'keg to keg' at the moment so I want to get my stocks up before going back to experimenting with biab.

With this kit I was thinking of leaving it as is because I have never used this kit before and am wondering what people's experience with it was. That said I do have some hop pellets for dry hopping. I have East Kent Goldings, ella, Crystal, simcoe and Citra.

Traditionally Wheat Beers have little if any hops, I would give it a miss and rely on the flavors from the yeast.
Otherwise might as well have stuck with the kit yeast, rather than one that will throw a fair amount of flavour, flavour that might well either clash with or hide the yeast flavour.

I like Wheat beer (well good ones - dam you Les) light refreshing east to drink too much of.
Mark

I haven't tried the can but I have tried the "workhorse" yeast before in an IPA and didnt really like it, so I think your choice of using it in a lager would be better suited if you can ferment it low. It is defo not a wheat beer yeast. I just used the WB06 in a Hefeweissen where I normally use Danstar Munich. The floculation is much lower on the WB and the flavour is not as pronounced.
Would defo recommend the Munich yeast and wheat beer tins if you want to get the beer in a keg quick! No need to cold crash wheats to get the sediment out

Latest posts

Back