Anyone Suggest A Good Partial Ipa Recipe?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dallas

Reaction score
Guys,

i'm interested in a recipe (and some supplimentary directions!) for a IPA or similar for my first partial... i usually make a IPA with some cascade hops, some light malt and WPL001 yeast and it doesn't turn out too bad, but wanna move into the partials.. any advice / suggestions would be much appreciated!

cheers

D

Hi Dallas,
The best approach to take next would be make it as you do but swap some of the extract for some pale malt. Use 1kg of grain for every 500g of extract your replacing.
How big is your boil and how long? It reads like you are already doing big boils with the extract for bitterness and hop character so the next step should be easy.

Jayse

jayse,

nah, sounds complicated, but it's not like that at all.. in goes kit, 1kg LME, some cascade hops steeped in a cup for 10 mins and make up with water... no boil experineces etc, so that's why i'm looking for a simple recipe...

D

Hi Dallas,
I've just put down a partial IPA last weekend - my recipe is on the Beer Recipator site..

click here... if you're interested. Since I used some Cascade its more of an American Pale Ale rather than a true IPA but what the heck, it looks and smells great in the fermenter. I managed to get 21L at 1.070 from this recipe which is almost kilo for kilo, grains to extract. The IBUs are substantially higher than the Beer Recipator calcs since I added the extract kit at the end of the boil...

Cheers,
TL :chug:

dallas said:
[snip]
no boil experineces etc, so that's why i'm looking for a simple recipe...

D
[post="81421"][/post]​

No boil = no partial mash Dallas :ph34r:
Have a go at a stockpot sized boil - you can do my IPA using kitchen utensils mate B)

Cheers,
TL

thanks heaps for the tips guys... will be keen to get one of these brews going shortly... gotta keep those kegs full!..

cheers

D

Trough Lolly said:
dallas said:
[snip]
no boil experineces etc, so that's why i'm looking for a simple recipe...

D
[post="81421"][/post]​

No boil = no partial mash Dallas :ph34r:
Have a go at a stockpot sized boil - you can do my IPA using kitchen utensils mate B)

Cheers,
TL
[post="81432"][/post]​

TL, Your Kitchen Utensils obviously don't involve a wife like mine! ;)

Thankfully, a camping stove and the garage works a treat also!.
M

mandrakar said:
TL, Your Kitchen Utensils obviously don't involve a wife like mine! ;)

Oh yes it does! I brew whilst she's on nightshift!! ;)

TL

Back