Anyone orderd from Plasdene, Brisbaine?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
I need to replace a few of my cubes and believe Plasdene have what I want.
Now I have heard that you need a minimum order of $150.00 or so, is this correct? Has anyone walked in and bought a few cubes from them?
I need to hit the big smoke later in the week and could collect then, of course I'll give them a call tomorrow but wondering if anyone knew.

Thanks in advance.

Batz

I've not bought anything off them but in an old post there was mention of picking up bottle/containers,maybe for yeast starters?

I know there have been some successful buys from Plasdene in Vic - not sure if that helps you in regards to Bris.

I'll give them a call tomorrow and report back, I'd rather not have the blue ones from Bunnies. I've always bought mine from a guy at the local markets, they were fruit juice concentrate and very affordable. Unfortunately I have not seen him for a few months, I believe he does frequent markets around Caloundra?

Ciderman said:
It was minimum $100 last time I went. But it's been a few years...
+1
I bought a pallet of 20 litre cubes (so well and truly over the min. purchase). They're not the cheapest shop in town, but it suited at the time.

You could try Cospak too - they have 15, 20 & 25 litre cubes - or if you fancy a drive in the country, I still have lots in our store-room. Cost around $9-10 ea from memory. We use them for selling olive oil to restaurants, etc, and a pallet load is quite a few!

evoo4u said:
+1
I bought a pallet of 20 litre cubes (so well and truly over the min. purchase). They're not the cheapest shop in town, but it suited at the time.

You could try Cospak too - they have 15, 20 & 25 litre cubes - or if you fancy a drive in the country, I still have lots in our store-room. Cost around $9-10 ea from memory. We use them for selling olive oil to restaurants, etc, and a pallet load is quite a few!
I would be keen on 4 mate, not sure when I'll get up that way but.

Try people in plastic at rocklea, no minimum spend and affordable to boot

Black Devil Dog said:
Timely post, I'm looking to replace mine as well fairly soon.
I have six and like to replace them every 12 months or so. Not necessary some will say but that way I like it.

I rang Plasdene, minimum order is 80, one pallet. Just a little over the top for me. :unsure:

Hi, Batz try olives direct shed 5 Industry crt Yandina 54762005. They sell cubes for a couple of bucks each that have had olive oil or vinegar in them,probably worth a call to see if they have any empties.

ratchie said:
Hi, Batz try olives direct shed 5 Industry crt Yandina 54762005. They sell cubes for a couple of bucks each that have had olive oil or vinegar in them,probably worth a call to see if they have any empties.
Thanks ratchie, yes they do have some 20lt ones, I may have to go with them. It seems 25lt are a bit harder to come by, most places will only order in 25lt and then a pallet load.
All to do with O.H.A.S., lifting 20lt as opposed to 25lt. Lucky these young fairies didn't have to work where I used to, in fact where I often work now. ;)

Thanks for everyone's help, much appreciated.

Batz

Out of interest, what was the cost of the pallet of 80?

bradsbrew said:
Out of interest, what was the cost of the pallet of 80?
I didn't bother Brad, but if your ordering count me in.

Batz - 10

Batz said:
I didn't bother Brad, but if your ordering count me in.

Batz - 10
I'll send them an enquiry for the 20 and 25's, no promises though and would not be for a couple of weeks.

Back