Anyone know where I can 90deg bend for co2?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrTbeer

Reaction score
Craftbrewer used to sell this product but apparently the company has gone bust.

Hi T, sorry we will not stocking the elbow Soda Stream adaptors any more.

Hi T, sorry the company we used to buy them from no longer exists. You should be able to buy the elbow from a stainless fitting place like Tubesales in Yatala or Geordi in Melbourne. The brass piece was made on a lathe so you would need to get this done as well.

Cheers
Anthony

http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=976

sodastreamRA.jpg

I called BOC gases asking about co2 gas fittings and as soon as I mentioned it was for home brew they didn't want to help?
Surely it's a pretty standard pipe bend and available elsewhere without custom manufacture.
I don't need the sodastream bit just a 90 bend from a std. female type 30 to std. male type 30 thread.
It's going between co2 tank and regulator so obviously needs to rated for high pressure.

Without this part I can't fit gas tank and regulator in fridge or in esky.

Try Blackwoods. they have plenty of stainless elbows female to male etc etc.

BOC, Craftbrewer & Pirtek couldn't help when I wanted to buy one. I ended up getting one custom made to go directly from the soda stream bottle (no adaptor required) to the regulator. It's been a while, but I think that it was Gascon that made it. $75ish, if I remember correctly. I was going to get a few made up for other AHB people, but the pricing made it not really worthwhile.
Their sales/fittings guy was pretty abrupt, but I got what I wanted, eventually. You need to be VERY clear as to exactly what you want.

Resurrecting an almost dead thread..........

Facing a space problem which a 90 degree female type 30 to male type 30 would solve.

Anyone find a solution to this? Is there such a thing as this or some other solution?

Cheers!

Edit: Called Gascon too, reckons about $65 to do one up :ph34r: :ph34r: surely they exist somewhere

grott said:
Have you tried Pirtek? Besides hydraulic gear they also stock stuff for gases.
No good but not convinced the person I was talking to had a clue what I wanted...

Right well BOC are likely helpless but they asked for diagram of what I'm after so see where that goes.

I had another thought though, I'm going to be adapting from 5/8"-18 UNF to type 30 anyway, so if I can manage to find a 5/8" male to female elbow that'd do the trick.

You would probably need a 5/8 male/male elbow with a 5/8 female union or a 5/8 female/female elbow with a 5/8 male nipple.

I would personally go the latter.

Tony121 said:
You would probably need a 5/8 male/male elbow with a 5/8 female union or a 5/8 female/female elbow with a 5/8 male nipple.

I would personally go the latter.
Finding this out :p looking and seeing no female/male elbows, at least the like for like and nipples seem common enough.

Whatever I do though, my main concern is that it's gonna be safe whatever the configuration since it'll have the full fury of the tank behind it.

damoninja said:
Finding this out :p looking and seeing no female/male elbows, at least the like for like and nipples seem common enough.

Whatever I do though, my main concern is that it's gonna be safe whatever the configuration since it'll have the full fury of the tank behind it.
Yeah, plenty of nipples around......

Best off trying Pirtek, Enzed, etc., they will sort you out. Bit of gas teflon tape (the yellow one, not the pink) and away you go

Tony121 said:
Yeah, plenty of nipples around......

Best off trying Pirtek, Enzed, etc., they will sort you out. Bit of gas teflon tape (the yellow one, not the pink) and away you go
Will see how I go, have been looking on evilbay and the sorts but seems like they have UNF everything except 5/8"-18, there's 3/8" everywhere.

Cheers mate

To no avail, these products don't exist.

Gascon were able to manufacture one that was near perfect for my situation (albeit a fraction higher than I hoped but a small mod to the esky and we're away)

Note this isn't a T30 to T30, it's T30 to 5/8"-18 UNF.

Face sealing on both sides, silicon washer inside the nut for the bottle and the gasket on the reg adaptor.

reg1.JPG

Back