Anyone Know How To Take The Spear Out Of An Asahi 19l Keg?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crozdog

Lunchbox Legend!
Reaction score
hi,

just wondering if anyone has instructions for removing the spear out of an Asahi 19l keg? want to use it for a HERMS - have 2 x uxcell elements to go in it!

Would rather learn from someone who has done it instead of wasting time trying to work it out.

Thanks in advance.

croz

hi,

just wondering if anyone has instructions for removing the spear out of an Asahi 19l keg? want to use it for a HERMS - have 2 x uxcell elements to go in it!

Would rather learn from someone who has done it instead of wasting time trying to work it out.

Thanks in advance.

croz

I know how to do the tooheys/coopers type (may be able to show pics), but not sure it the Asahi fits into this. can you post a pic of the top?

I was lucky enough that the place where I purchased my used keg from was also a brewpub and therefor had a coupler for it sitting inside.

I borrowed there coupler to release all the gas and left it plugged in while I cut the whole out. Worked quite easily as long as you can borrow the coupler from anywhere.

You just need to depress the valve and it will come out
I use this

Thanks guys.

I ended up using a heavy duty paint scaper to fit between the lugs & unscrew the ring before putting a $2 coin in the fitting (5 cents wasn't thick enough) and then pushing on a cub coupler depressing the level (to retract the safety lug) & could then pull it out.

Beers

Croz

Back