Anyone know a friendly sparks in Hobart

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddiejoes

Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering if anyone knows a friendly sparks who if he won't work for beer (after he's finished) would offer mates rates or similar. I'm almost ready to put together my new brew controller but as per my entry on the Dedicated HERMS thread I can't run it on a single domestic circuit, my first choice solution is to install a 230v 32a line to power it (and the elements which are in fact the problem). Worst case I'd love even an indication of what price to expect for installation. Thanks

Eddie

It's true brewers do it better!

First choice just changed to running two standard 230v 10a lines out so I don't have to rewire of I move somewhere else. All the rest still applies.

Cheers Eddie

It's true brewers do it better!

Is that because of price of installing a new line?

I'm thinking I should install a 15A line to deal with 2400w element plus 1.4A pump plus bits and pieces.

I'm wondering whether drawing 10A amps through 10A wires for 2 hours is asking for trouble at some point.

Doesn't pay to cut corners with some things these days Eddie. Over here in WA recently SYNERGY was fined big money because two homes were made live after an electrician pulled and connected wrong wires to the supply board & the guys who'd inspected it didn't notice. It only got picked up when the home owners got zapped touching water taps, luckily no one got hurt. Pay the money for a certified install & keep the receipt for piece of mind down the track. SOME, not all, modern tradie's don't seem as well trained as previous generations mainly due to the inadequate focus on apprenticeship funding by our numb nut politicians. :angry:

+1
Get a qualified sparky to do it for sure mate. My 240v 32amp outlet was put in by my neighbour, it was tested and certified etc on completion and I have the piece of mind that when the brew system is running for hours at a time the wiring was all done properly.
He enjoys my homebrew, but I did do all the crappy wiring up in the roof space!

I've used Shane Allie for some rewiring at home, stared with just a couple of dodgy switches and after I did a decent inspection turned into rewiring 1/2 the house. I chose Shane because we had been using him at work and he seems to choose the practical option first.

I have another project coming up at home and he will be my first call, I reckon if I asked he would be up for letting me do the rough in. I didn't on the last job because it was all inside walls and ceillings so there was no access.

Latest posts

Back