Anyone kegging or have a Braumeister/Grainfather

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gone brewing

Reaction score
Hey guys

I have a mate who lives at Umina who's been brewing a while and is looking to go to kegging and is also thinking of investing in a Braumeister or Grainfather, so he can save some time on brew day and bottling. I'm putting the word out for him if any locals are doing these things and if you wouldn't mind showing him your setup/process sometime.

Yeah I also suggested that he join us on the 12th Feb at n87's place, where of course there will be a huge brains trust to draw from. He's going to see if he can make it.

Cheers :beerbang: :beerbang:

Well I keg, and I know yogi has a brau.
I think fungrel has a grainfather... tho I may just be making that up :)

I've got a home-built HERMS brew rig and a few kegs. You guys are welcome to pop up for a look. I'd guess we're about an hour(ish) from Umina though.

Your mate could always try BIAB before dropping the cash on a pre-built system though.

Do these pre-built systems save significant time over a hand-made system? It's pretty easy with a $20 timer and electric urn (or temp controller on a kettle) to have your mash water at-temperature for when you get out of bed, and I assume they don't wash themselves afterwards. I guess you don't need to put the bits of the off-the-shelf system together though.

-kt

Thanks for the offer KT, I'll let you know. Yeah he already does BIAB, as do I. I've never done any other method so I have no idea if there's a time saving or not.

If it wasnt implied, im happy to show your friend around my kegs.
most weekends and arvos are fine. he will also be able to see it at the meet

n87 said:
If it wasnt implied, im happy to show your friend around my kegs.
most weekends and arvos are fine. he will also be able to see it at the meet
:super:

He is welcome to see my Grainfather brew day, bought the Connect controller recently as well which is a dramatic time-saver.

Hi Guys,
I'm near the beach in Umina and can show him a kegerator and my kegging system.I'm off work at the moment so pretty flexible

Cheers

Mr Wibble said:
What does it save time on ?
Wake up to mash water at the correct temp. Load a multiple step mash, hit the button and come back when it's done. I free up 90 min+ of a 4hr brew day this way and the PID algorithm holds temps a lot better.

Thanks for all the replies. He's set up on AHB and has the link to this post so I'm sure he'll be in touch with a few of you.

Latest posts

Back