Anyone in Brisbane want to buy a Coopers fermenter?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben1

Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm looking to buy a coopers fermenter as I've used them before and really like them.

The website has them listed at $44.91. If the order is over $80 there is no delivery (usually $15).

Bit of a longshot, but does anyone in Brisbane want one and want to go in on the order? I'm on Brisbane northside at Wavell Heights

Ben

Why a coopers? Your local Homebrew shop should have complete 30L fermenters for about $30!

Lethaldog said:
Why a coopers? Your local Homebrew shop should have complete 30L fermenters for about $30!

$38.90

But I would say OP likes the Coopers Krausen ring? I am tempted because I like the idea of constantly living in fear of the snap on tap popping off and wort going everywhere.

Bunnings have perfectly good square 30L "fermenters" for less than the Coopers, and have the advantage that the smaller lid opening is great for using clingwrap.

To be honest they are just well designed. I like the tap that breaks apart real easy for cleaning. I like the lid structure and not having to stuff around with cling wrap and I like that they are clear so I can stare at my beautiful creation.

For the sake of a couple of extra bucks, it's money well spent. If I have to pay for delivery, I may revisit getting a bunnings cube.

Sorry to hijack and necro the thread but I didn't want to start a stub thread. I have a Coopers fermenter I've never used. Also have my other 2 regular screw top ones full at the moment and want to transfer both to secondary. Thinking of going into the Coopers for one of the secondaries (and freeing up rhat primary for the other secondary) but not sure about the air tightness with the low off gassing from secondary fermentation. Are they pretty decent? I assume so, just paranoid I guess, seems a bit loosey goosey eithiut a positive seal on the lid. Xmas brews going in, don't want to end up having issues. Cheers.

I have brewed all my beers in the cooper style fermenters, they are easy to use and clean up well. I have not used one as a secondary, as I do not bother .
Gravity holds the lid on , C02 can get out. I only crash chill to around 10 degrees with my ales ( flocks out well) and I bottle . Not to sure how much air does and can get in when crash chilling. I have never had any off flavours or infections.

Look out for Dan Murphy specials , sometimes you can get the kit of $85.99.

Sorry to hijack and necro the thread but I didn't want to start a stub thread. I have a Coopers fermenter I've never used. Also have my other 2 regular screw top ones full at the moment and want to transfer both to secondary. Thinking of going into the Coopers for one of the secondaries (and freeing up rhat primary for the other secondary) but not sure about the air tightness with the low off gassing from secondary fermentation. Are they pretty decent? I assume so, just paranoid I guess, seems a bit loosey goosey eithiut a positive seal on the lid. Xmas brews going in, don't want to end up having issues. Cheers.

Seals aren’t air tight that’s for sure. But I also like the fermenter design. If you siphon they’re fine. If you bottle from the tap it’s bottling tube (into hose or whatever) or nothing. I’ve seen some folks get different taps to the standard to allow them to attach hoses etc which would be awesome for moving to secondary but that tap... good for cleaning but a PIA to bottle/keg from. Would love to see how the mods were done. The clear plastic is great I think.

Back