Anyone doing Dry July this year?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markjd

Reaction score
Dry July... as in not drinking booze for the month of July.

I'm doing it because it's probably good to take a break from drinking for a while, for physical and mental health. I might even lose a few kilos while training for The Age 5K fun run on July 21.

I'm doing Drunk July. I've got 3 weeks off starting now and I plan to make the most of them.

I am doing Sly July - that's where I tell everyone I'm having a month off the booze but keep drinking anyway.

I'm doing dry today. it is the indy version the hipsters don't want you to know about.
Is over a lot quicker too so that people wont hear about it and jump on board.
Will probably end up like Nirvana at the Sydney Big Day out in 1992 - only 10,000 tickets were sold but at least 100,000 people say they were there.

markjd said:
Dry July... as in not drinking booze for the month of July.
You should be banned for life... I find this topic both disturbing and sober... I not only take offence, but I take the gate as well !! Haha

I did it last year but don't think I will back up for a whole month again this year. A great cause though and so I will find some peeps over here to donate to fo sho!

I've been dry since Wednesday because I'm sick :( . That's the longest I've gone without a beer for quite some time. Need to get better and back into soon though 'cause I need to free up some bottles for the SMaSH APA in the FV :D .

Dry July?

Let me think about that....no. :drinks:

Batz

No.

I have alcohol free days every week and I don't tend to go overboard these days.

Saying that, I am brewing a Mild as we speak (write) so I can drink more beer and less alcohol!

Im sort of giving it a go. I have a barefoot bowls day at the end of the month, so im starting today,and going til then. I'm planning on trying pretty hard to do it, though if I weaken and have a beer it wont totally upset me.

I have a hangover so that may make it easier, as the last thing I feel like right now is a beer !!

The XMAS in July case swaps are in July so that is an impossibility.

I struggle to have an AFD.

I will try my very best to keep any liquid from splashing on my calendar for the month of July...doesn't seem to be a problem any other month. :D I'm gonna shit this in.

I'm doing a Dry Sunday because of a particularly Wet Saturday.

might throw jn some extra dry days but going a whole month! nah bugger that. ...cheers...spog....

I'm thinking about it - I often don't drink till Thursday or Friday night, so I have a few days to decide. Like the OP, it might be a good opportunity to get a bit fitter, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of beer left come August. On the other hand, I have some lotto beers coming to me and it might be poor form to make people wait until August for feedback.

Back