• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Anybody Have A Spare $2.5m?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pity it doesn't include a Mash Tun, as it is an extract brewery.
That probably also explains your (and my) thoughts on the brews too :D

Beers,
Doc

I did not know that Doc... but yes it does explain a lot.
Someone ought to teach the staff how to carbonate a beer properly too...

dreamboat

Guys, the Gold Coast Brewpub is a standard DME 600 litre brewery - exactly the same as the Paddys unit. Apparently some time back, the management decided to revert to extract brews to save money (doubtfull) and I think it is fair to say that is when the quality focus also dropped off. Dont blame the brewer - he was only doing what he was told!

Wes

That is a shitload of money for that size, I am guessing 1.5 Mill is for the location - Gold Coast Highway, Surfers Paradise ( 50-100 metres from Cavil)

Still if I had the money.....??? :rolleyes: Who knows

As a local I have to say that the beers on offer at the brew pub are VERY DISSAPOINTING !!!!!!

A missed opportunity IMHO........

Cheers

Time for someone with a few new ideas??

Tallgum?.....Perhaps a goverment grant??

Batz :ph34r:

So whats wrong with us extract brewers, were still brewers afterall.
So being a mash/grain brewer makes you better than us extract brewers does it.
Wankers, I get a lot of enjoyment out of homebrewing, but I dont intend to spend hours to make "my" beer, a kit will do me. WANKERS

ahh,houston we have a problem! normell is cranky.

Oh Christ, it lives!
I thought the fermenters v brewers debate ended long ago?!?!

Don't tell GMK about this thread ;) :ph34r:

TL

If normell is cranky....................why didnt he use that name then???

STOP and step away from the keyboard Linz!!!!

That is not what this thread is saying normell........

i think everyone on this site agrees that extract or mashing,we are all humble brewers, no snobs here mate. were all here to talk about making great beer using all methods and ingredients.....

I stand by my comment...the brew pubs beer's are not great...if i'm going out to a microbrewery i expect a bit more....the use of extract is great when u are homebrewing ( we have all started there),but seems a bit of a cop out for a commercial outfit.

cheers

nothing wrong with extract normell but in the big scope of brewing for dollars it is probably a bit quicker and cheaper.how much who knows but with skills great beers are produced.
as for spending hours brewing ..yep i do ag and i find it relaxing yet at times full on getting temps right the sparge temp right the volumes as close to accurate as i can the hopping schedule etc.and the music in the back ground just loud enough. ;)
as for the original posting the wife raided my pockets and stole my loose millions this week to do the shopping and i took a bit to pay for the freight on my next grain bill. :lol:

cheers
big d

yes well i agree with the rest of the guys here normell they are not having a crack at us extract brewers,im sure they have tasted some really good extract beers in their time and some horrendous all grain brews.its a hobby for them as well and its just that they take their hobby to the next step,you probably have another hobby that you pursue more than some of these guys would so its all up to the individual.keep cool and lets all enjoy this forum because the AG boys certainly hand out some excellent advice and i have already improved my kit beers to the extent that they taste really good
cheers
fergi

Yeh must agree with you Fergi , as a kits and bits brewer I have picked up some great advice from the ag brewers that have improved my brews no end.

Batz you might be onto something about a govt grant to buy that brewery, my local golf club just got a govt grant to build another 9 holes to make it 18, will talk to the president tomorrow to see about how to go about getting a grant. :chug:

its been what 2 months without the us vs them debate going on.... must be some kind of record ;)

and if i could afford it, i'll be in there like a flash..... making beer for a job, *sigh* one can only dream B)

big d plays golf!
And he's off on holidays the Queensland , you like Harleys Tallgum?

Your not a real brewer till you own a March pump !!!! :blink:

Batz

As you can most likely gather, I'm an extract brewer at the moment, with no plans to go all grain.
But posts like the one from Batz "Your not a real brewer till you own a March pump !!!!" are crap.
I get a lot of pleasure out of the science of extract brewing, with a fermenter fridge, a keg fridge, heaps of little extras like flow meters, for telling when kegs are ready to drink.
But as for haveing a March pump, don't even know what they are, what they are for, or how they differ from Feburary or April pumps.
normell

Normell
A March pump is a pump that is generally sought after by home and craft brewers as it is very tolerant to high wort temps and the flow can be regulated by restricting the outlet without causing damage to the pump.
In the home/craft brewing situation the pump can be used to pump hot water from HLT to the TUN and it can be used to pump hot wort through the CFWC to the fermenter.
Strangely enough, a March pump can be equally important in an all extract brewers equipment as it might be to an all grainer.
So, as you see Normell, there may be an extract brewer reading this that uses a March pump in his/her set up.
Of course your choice of equipment is yours, as is the level to which you take your hobby, so if kits and bits or extract is what turns you on then go for it.

Back to the original subject.
I would recon that a micro brewery on the Gold Coast would suit me as well, but if it was an extract set up I would be adding a Mash Tun and start making some good beer, particularly if it is reported that the beer they are currently producing is not up to scratch.

Cheers

Normell,

Be cool. On this forum, we have barbies, brew-days and get-togethers. We swap beers for Xmas and visit each other when we travel interstate. Not everyone loves everyone. And occasionally little grizzles pop up but it is mostly gentle ribbing about things like extract v AG, my mill craps on your mill, yuk - oak chips in your beer, etc... No harm intended.

So.... Batz's comment was what we call "taking the piss." He even used a silly smiley face to give you the hint. Get it? It is fun and we do it from time to time. It's not personal. He's OK. You're OK. OK?

So be cool or find another forum.

Back