Any Thoughts On This Hop Schedule?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

falcon250

Reaction score
G'day All,

Just about to do an Aussie style premium lager and am just wondering how these hops will go, Malts used will be Joe White export pilsener malt and a touch dark Munich, Hops I'm considering Bittering: Pride of ringwood (16 ibu's), Hallertau (4 ibu's) and just before end of boil about 5g Galaxy for aroma.

Any thought or previous experiences with similar recipes/ideas greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Tone.

G'day All,

Just about to do an Aussie style premium lager and am just wondering how these hops will go, Malts used will be Joe White export pilsener malt and a touch dark Munich, Hops I'm considering Bittering: Pride of ringwood (16 ibu's), Hallertau (4 ibu's) and just before end of boil about 5g Galaxy for aroma.

Any thought or previous experiences with similar recipes/ideas greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Tone.

I would throw a handful of wheat in there. Get rid of that Galaxy, If you want a mild late addition try some Nugget or Cluster.

QldKev

You'll need to mash fairly low eg 65*C with that schedule as the IBUs won't balance out the sweetness at ~67*C

You can go the galaxy but it won't be an Australian Premium Ale but it would be tastier IMHO

Bump the galaxy up to 20g if you go that way

Cheers

Back