Any thoughts on London ESB vs S-04 for hoppy english bitter?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bingggo

Reaction score
I recently did Nottingham vs Windsor in a mid-strength English Bitter with lots of hops and found the hop aromas seemed very muted in the Windsor, compared to the Nottingham.

My next brew will be London ESB or S-04. Any experiences or thoughts on which will bring out hops more?

Second order of priority is a yeast which does not attenuate as much, as I'd like a sweeter result.

Cheers,
B

I recently did Nottingham vs Windsor in a mid-strength English Bitter with lots of hops and found the hop aromas seemed very muted in the Windsor, compared to the Nottingham.

My next brew will be London ESB or S-04. Any experiences or thoughts on which will bring out hops more?

Second order of priority is a yeast which does not attenuate as much, as I'd like a sweeter result.

Cheers,
B
I use S04, and if your recipe has Target hops for the bittering hops try adding a few more gram if your looking for that bitter finish. I have some Crossmyloof English ale yeast which I have found very good has been mentioned on other sites that it is Nottingham.

Latest posts

Back