Any Other Hobbies?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the point is, is it right or wrong to eat animals.

if yes, which animals are right and which are wrong.

Humans brains wouldn't have evolved without the protein from eating animals.

That's not to say we won't evolve further... aren't evolving right now.

Population dynamics (ecology) says we are about to crash, breeding all sorts of flaws into our genetics with modern medicine. But, we may survive.. time will tell.

Its got me stumped why we, as a population, dont eat a lot more kangaroo considering its sustainable and very healthy.

.... now... back to hobbies

My other hobby is renovating houses...on No 3 now...
Three houses, we will make a capitalist out of you yet.

My other hobbies are gardening introduced to that in a rather nefarious way, growing the more exotic plants, what made me inquisitive is the why and how a plant could turn into a hermaphrodite. Never looked back since then, the others are fishing and fossil hunting with my daughters.

Some people just dont see that anything has to die so they can eat it.

Something always dies when food is produced. Always. The farm land was cleared, the worm had a shovel through it blah blah blah.
The free range organic pig I eat would not have lived if it was not farmed.

Hobbies. I make smallgoods.
have a batch of Mettwurst in the smoker now.
Smells amazing.

[QUOTE="
Hobbies. I make smallgoods.
[/QUOTE]

Aside from beer, I make chutney, chilli sambal, pesto, fermented salsa, biltong, dogs and humans.

Hobbies - I do a little running. Once upon time I ran competitively, but now just for health and fun. One can drink a few beers more guilt free with a little exercise. Not sure how long the body will let me run distance (years of sport takes it's toll), but after running I'll probably swim instead.

Humans brains wouldn't have evolved without the protein from eating animals.

That's not to say we won't evolve further... aren't evolving right now.

Population dynamics (ecology) says we are about to crash, breeding all sorts of flaws into our genetics with modern medicine. But, we may survive.. time will tell.

this is an excellent point. we'd no doubt be a stronger species today if it were not for the removal of natural selection agents which is what medicine does.

this is an excellent point. we'd no doubt be a stronger species today if it were not for the removal of natural selection agents which is what medicine does.
Or.. we'd have been wiped out. It cut both ways.

the point is, is it right or wrong to eat animals.

if yes, which animals are right and which are wrong.

Neither right nor wrong.
As a conscious being, you make a decision one way or another. Personally I have no issue with the concept of eating any type of meat but context means a lot. I wouldn't eat ortolan or foie gras. Dogs I have an affinity with, having grown up with them, cats I've had as pets as an adult. Doesn't mean I object to someone else, in cultural or other context consuming them (just not my cats).
Just watched soldier ants eat a mantis that ate a soldier ant.

Enough of that. Back to my Soylent.

Back