Any Interest in professional gluten free malt malted in NZ

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatwheat

Reaction score
I know of a small company based in NZ looking at professionally malting gluten free grains, with amounts being enough to supply the homebrew community and a few selected breweries who are looking at developing a gluten-free beer or who are looking to have access to a unique brewing adjunct. I am writing this more to build a bit of interest and to see who is interested in this company developing in New Zealand and to help spread the word of what would be a great asset to the NZ brewing community. If you have any questions or are interested in knowing more shoot me a message,
Cheers!

What kind of grains are they malting, and how do they ensure they are gluten free? Do they come with a GF guarantee?

JD

Keen to be kept informed.

What range of products are on the horizon?

I am interested. I have a number of gluten intolerant friends who I would love to brew for.

Cheers - Snow

As an FYI, Voyager malt from NSW are malting sorghum for our gluten intolerant bretheren (and sisteren... what is the term there?).

Interested

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I would be very interested too. Good luck to them in this venture. GF is becoming very important. So many gluten intolerant people walking around, they just dont know it yet.

I have tried a couple of GF beers. Not too bad!

Latest posts

Back