Any interest in a Hobart based home brew club?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nevermind, found you all in the end. Great meeting everyone tonight!

Apologies for not making last night. A few things came up. Anything of note arise from the meeting, or was it more of a social thing?

What a fun night! Thanks everyone who came and made it such a good time. There were 24 of us all up with several more who couldn't make it for different reasons.

We now have a name, Hobart Brewers, a placeholder website and a twitter account (@hobartbrewers).

Many thanks to the New Sydney Hotel for hosting us and to Hop Products Australia for hooking us up with 20kg of fresh Galaxy flowers. In the words of hyjak71 it 'smelled like my room in high school'. Good times. I'm sure some photos will emerge of the giant bag of hops.

We got moved to a different room at the last minute so I'm sorry if anyone turned up and couldn't find us. Next time we'll make sure there's some signage pointing people in the right direction.

Alex.Tas said:
Apologies for not making last night. A few things came up. Anything of note arise from the meeting, or was it more of a social thing?
Hi mate, we talked about a heap of stuff: sorting out a name, goals and purpose of the club, incorporation and committee. PM me your email address and I'll add you to the mailing list. We'll send out a recap of the night along with info about the next meeting and some other bits and pieces.

Thanks for the meeting last night. Learnt heaps just from talking to people. Just wondering if anyone is making the most of those wet hops for an all grain brew session this Friday or Saturday and wouldn't mind an extra hand. Looking to go BIAB or all grain just want to see some set-ups and get some ideas. Look forward to the next meeting.

Cheers,

Sounds like you had a good night, I had completely forgot this was happening. Nice score on the hops, thanks HPA.

Jimmy, I'll be brewing AG on Saturday morning. I was chatting with you (briefly) the other night - I was sitting on the steps. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Thanks Eddie for the heads up about this! Great to hear things have gotten off the ground and well done to everyone getting it together. Wish I knew about it sooner but would love to get involved and make the next meeting. Cheers,
Joe

The only pic I took of HPA's Galaxy... image.jpg

Great pic Foxy. Is that your rig on the HB twitter page? V nice!

I used my huge ration of the fresh Galaxy yesterday in a barley wine. I can hear the airlock working its arse off as i type.

Cheers,

Fozz

Good stuff! It's going to be fun to hear what everyone did with their hops (and hopefully try some samples ;)).

Cheers Fozz, yep that's my rig, she's seen a few campaigns :chug:

Barley wine, nice work mate!

Another one here who hadn't paid attention to the thread for a couple of weeks and missed the meeting. Next time Gadget, next time!

Hi Guys, only just found this thread. I'm new to brewing, have only done a couple of kit brews. Wouldn't mind coming along at some stage to learn a few things.
Cheers

Hi Clevo, it'd be great to have you along. Next meeting is next Wednesday, 21 May, 7:45 for 8pm, upstairs @ New Sydney. PM me your email address if you want to get on the mailing list.

Just bumping this as a reminder that our next meeting is coming up on Wednesday. Upstairs @ New Syd, 7:45 for 8pm. I'll be bringing some of my rye IPA for tasting.

We'll also ready to sign up members, we have some Enigma hops available to buy and we've got Chris from Lark coming to talk brewing and distilling and wild fermentation. Should be a great meeting!

Hey guys looks like I am probably moving to Hobart for work. Is this brew club still meeting up? I have no intention of giving up brewing and have had a great time with the GoldCLUB on the Gold Coast. Also, any good craft beer bars around?

Yep, the club is still going strong. Meetings are the third Wednesday of every month, upstairs at the New Sydney Hotel.

As for craft beers, the New Sydney Hotel, Winston, Preachers are probably the three main ones, but there some other good places to find a good craft beer. Cool Wines and The Abbey Bottleshop are great for bottleshops, and there are places like Tas Quartermasters who have good food and beer.

That's awesome, thanks for the info!

Looks like I'll be down there soon so I'll have to come by and meet everyone!

Just bumping this to let people know that the Hobart Brewers club is still going strong

We had a great meeting last week at Moo Brew. They were very generous with their time and beer :kooi:

Normal Club Meetings are still the third Wednesday of each month at the New Sydney Hotel - 7:30 for a 8pm start

new members are always welcome. Just turn up at a meeting, or find us on facebook for more info https://www.facebook.com/groups/HobartBrewers/

Back