Any interest in a brew club to the north of Melbourne?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy with anything but Northern Brew club. Too insular. there is actually a world beyond what's on the main Melway's pages.
I also think that although it's maybe not the most important thing to organise, it's got to be pretty high up there, as this is what we will be known by. It will maybe be what our website will be called, as Tim says, what the sub-forum here will be called, maybe what we have printed on our jackets and shirts one day when we all head to club night at ANHC on some future date.
Who knows, it might even end up on one or two tombstones. "He was a proud Merri Masher to the last!"

Disagree that Northern brew club is too insular. Western Bulldogs changed their name from Footscray to capture a wider "western" melbourne audience for example. But having said that i think merri mashers is a funner name that encapsulates a similar area.

Miserable Melbourne Mashers Making Mash Merrily in Merri and surrounding areas not wishing to be exclusive?

MMMMM MIMSANWE?

Do the club, call it Barry for now, get the more important stuff sorted first. Then call it Samantha.

I'm going to keep the 'When Is Good' poll open until Wednesday! About 15 have voted so far - sure some others may want to give some feedback too. Vote, vote, vote!

http://whenisgood.net/9m9bfjj

Happy with anything but Northern Brew club. Too insular. there is actually a world beyond what's on the main Melway's pages.
I also think that although it's maybe not the most important thing to organise, it's got to be pretty high up there, as this is what we will be known by. It will maybe be what our website will be called, as Tim says, what the sub-forum here will be called, maybe what we have printed on our jackets and shirts one day when we all head to club night at ANHC on some future date.
Who knows, it might even end up on one or two tombstones. "He was a proud Merri Masher to the last!"
How is it insular? It's a Northern Melbourne based club? Seems fitting to me.

I have been wanting to join a club for a while now and this is bike riding territory from me. I'd be keen on coming to the next meet. If it's worth anything I think Merry Mashers is a great name. It is such an adorable little creek that gets so much crap dumped into it.

I think we should make it a club priority to brew a beer using Merri Creek water. Anyone got a cheap source of purification tablets? :)

Good idea. We could sparge through some of the old plastic bags we find floating in there.

Suggested names for Merri Brews:

Platy piss.
Ooze booze.
Mud-strength beer.
Le spunk du gunk.
Very brown ale.
Algae ale.

Heh, perhaps not exactly selling the concept of 'Merri Mashers' very well....

But there might be a split between those who advocate Brew In A Plastic Baggers, the Partial Mushers, the Rusty Can Extract experts, and the All Drain fans.

"Flasher" Brown ale (Rumor of a bloke in the burg giving creek walkers a peek as his action)
"Is that a platypus? yes a dead one" IPA

Actually for a long time been thinking of doing a Merri creek blackberry fruit beer. the creek gets less managed as you head north, Faulkner end has heaps of un sprayed berries.
and they always mark where they have been spraying up our end so I think it'd be safe.

Cool! Could have a blackberrying day! Just like in The Famous Five! Smashing!

"Flasher" Brown ale (Rumor of a bloke in the burg giving creek walkers a peek as his action)

Could that be what is known in Gaelic as 'a wee dram'?

Back