Any Grain/Hops in Brisbane CBD

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shed101

Beer Dog
Reaction score
Weird question, and unlikey to get a result but is there anywhere I could get a sample of barley malt and hops (no more than a glass full and of any varieties) in Brisbane CBD before 5pm today?

Shed101 said:
Weird question, and unlikey to get a result but is there anywhere I could get a sample of barley malt and hops (no more than a glass full and of any varieties) in Brisbane CBD before 5pm today?
Damn, if you had sent this last night I could have brought some to work.

-- Not sure of anywhere off hand

Ha ha ha ... if i'd remembered last night I would have brought my own :p

you could always fake it for your tasting/presentation and just get some unmalted wheat and possibly barley from one of he health food stores. They'd also have oats and stuff, in case your tasting involves an oatmeal stout.

As for hops, unless they're selling hop pillows, I don't like your chances. you get hops as ingredient in some relaxation/anti stress/chill out type food supplement tablets, but that's probably too far off the mark.

Brewers Choice Gaythorne is next to the station if that helps Shed?

Grant could still have some kicking around from Beer Week at the Brewhouse, give him a call (almost in the CBD)

the other option is to check with some of the caft beer bars if you're desperate, they might have some grain and hops on hand to display on the bar or similar.

Florian said:
you could always fake it for your tasting/presentation and just get some unmalted wheat and possibly barley from one of he health food stores. They'd also have oats and stuff, in case your tasting involves an oatmeal stout.

As for hops, unless they're selling hop pillows, I don't like your chances. you get hops as ingredient in some relaxation/anti stress/chill out type food supplement tablets, but that's probably too far off the mark.
Spooky Florian ... I will be doing an oatmeal stout!

Brewhouse is too far away to bother, but I reckon i'll check a healthfood store just in case.

Thanks for the tips!

Florian said:
you could always fake it for your tasting/presentation and just get some unmalted wheat and possibly barley from one of he health food stores.
Just don't try to eat the unmalted barley - last time I tried pearl barley, I think I nearly cracked a tooth! :eek:

Latest posts

Back