Any good brews around Chatswood?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Visiting a buddy at Chatswood in a couple of weeks and wondering if there's anything reasonable North of the Coathanger - I believe there is or was a Czech Beer cafe at Crows Nest or somewhere? I'm training it from Taree so no car - and will be hitting the spots in the City of course but would be nice to step out for a beer or six in the area itself. :drinks:

Woot found Bazaar Cafe at St Leonards with Budowhatsit on tap. Good starting point :)

Edit: our posts crossed - thanks for that.

What the heck is this Beercartel place? I live in Artarmon and have never heard of it but looks to be up in the industrial area ! Think i might make an accidental detour on my way to bunnings on saturday :)

Beercartel is just off reserve road, down the laneway past victorias basement - there is usually a small a-frame sign

There was a Bavarian beer cafe in chatswood, I expect it's still there. Not great on the wallet but not any worse than most places in sydney. A HB dunkle is always nice.

I'm a bit north of chatswood. When are you around/are you interested in a beer somewhere?

Thanks minimash i'll definitely check this beer cartel place out.

As for Bavarian, nice beers but my arse still hurts from when i paid something like $35 for a chicken schnitzel and chips. Expected some nice european style chicken and fancy schmancy chips.

Ended up being crappy piece of thigh schnitzel and mcdonalds-looking fries. Clearly wasn't too impressed.

Think there is a craft beer offering in Crows Nest, also the Greengate near Gordon might have craft beer as the owner is a fan.

I think the Bridge View Hotel in Willoughby does craft beer. I believe they even had a craft beer festival.

Latest posts

Back