Any Gold Coast Brewers?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewJapan

Reaction score
I'll be down in Gold Coast for a month and would love to meet up with any craft brewers in the Gold Coast area. Unfortunately I won't have any of my own brew with me, but would be interested in seeing how the Aussie craft brewer scene is evolving. When I was down 2 years ago it was pretty hard to find any craft beer, aside from the odd Duke's, in Gold Coast (or even Brisbane) .

Be happy to lend a hand to anyone having a brewday...I'll be in the Surfer's Broadbeach area August 19-Sept 11.

You're Japanese and going to the Gold Coast? :lol:

Seriously though you should head out to Mt Tamborine if you get a chance, and the Burleigh Brewing Co goes alright too.

You're Japanese and going to the Gold Coast? :lol:

Seriously though you should head out to Mt Tamborine if you get a chance, and the Burleigh Brewing Co goes alright too.
Truth be told I'm American, and bringing my Japanese students down for a month of study.
Burleigh is good-I visited last time. Mt Tamborine is on my list too, though the drive back makes me a little worried...
:unsure:

Be great to meet some craft brewers while I am in Oz. Last time I managed to meet Ross at his shop, but that was it.

How about a BABBs meeting? (in Brisbane, I know).

Be great to meet some craft brewers while I am in Oz. Last time I managed to meet Ross at his shop, but that was it.

He didn't strike you as an Ozzie then?

He didn't strike you as an Ozzie then?

Oh, he is most definately Ozzie. But he was still getting things set up then and was on the phone the whole time, so we didn't have a chance to chat. I just bought a bunch of supplies and that was it. A BABBs meeting would be fun, if you don't mind an international visitor crashing your event.

Here in Japan homebrewers are scattered pretty widely, and there are few organized events.

I take it there is no Gold Coast club...

Indeed, as Kevo says ^^

No actual Gold Coast club around... yet.

Same here, if I'm around, love to catch up for a beer JB.

Let me know closer to the date, I think I'm away in September sometime, SWMBO will know :lol:

I'll PM you both in early August then.
Cheers

Indeed, as Kevo says ^^

No actual Gold Coast club around... yet.

Same here, if I'm around, love to catch up for a beer JB.

Let me know closer to the date, I think I'm away in September sometime, SWMBO will know :lol:

Latest posts

Back