Any Decent Bottlo's Near Docklands

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nibbo

Reaction score
Hey There, I'm heading to Melbourne Friday Lunchtime and hoping to find a bottlo that stocks a decent range of beers. Living in Colac means little variety of beers. James Squire, Pricky Moses, Macs, Hargreaves Hill can easily get hold of here. Just not all the range from these, just a select few.
Were heading to melb to watch Geelong V Essedon and staying around Docklands somewhere.

Hoping someone can help

Cheers

Matilda bay brewery have moved to Bertie st Port Melbourne, its a small bar but not bad. Otherwise the bottlo at the sth melb market has an okay range??

Docklands isn't the best place to go looking for decent beer. I'd jump on the 86 tram and take a short trip to Vintage Cellars in Chinatown, or a slightly longer trip to Smith St Cellars.

Murphy's have store at south melbourne market and theres a first choice in port melbourne,and purvis's in richmond

The Mrs is a Dons supporter and i'm Geelong...the way we're play'n this year i'm thinking i'll be needing a few drinks afterwards. Sounds like i'll be jumping on a tram in search of my nector...

Cheers to all thats answered

There's apparently a good bottlo on Spencer Street, near SpencerSouthern Cross station, heading towards Flinders St.

Not sure exactly which one, but one of the guys in Bayside Brewers brought along a bottle of 3 Monts Biere de Garde that he got there, so that gives an indication that they stock more that just megabrew.

Royale? I've only been in once (and was pretty drunk at the time, if you can imagine such a thing!) so I can't speak of their general quality but the time I did go they had Schlenkerla Urbocks in the fridge for a couple bucks cheaper that I've ever got them from anywhere else. Don't remember what else they had because as soon as I saw those I stopped looking.

Yeah I've seen good beers in Royale. There's also Wharf Cellars at the World Trade Centre which has a reasonable range.

If you're gonna get a tram and head toward Chinatown anyway then why not just hit Mrs. Parmas?

Completely forgot about Royale. Went for a look at lunch and ended up walking out with Korbinian, Vitus, Saison Dupont and Moinette Brune. Good range of European imports and glassware, but not much good for Aussie craft beer unless you're after Squire and Matilda Bay.

Wharf Cellars has a bit of Aussie stuff - 4 Pines, Kooinda, Mountain Goat, Holgate, probably others I've forgotten. Also Brew Dog Punk and 5AM Saint.

Akland cellars? Or is St Kilda too far out of your way?

So after planning to head to mrs palmers which looked the goods...the plan was changed to head to the colonial by other parties...after checking them out on the website I decided to find something better...now we're heading to the deja vu bar...hoping this fills the gap...cheers for all the suggestions...might visit smith st before we head back tomorrow...

Back