Another Sunday is upon us

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pitched a couple of cubed brews
Roast pork going on the charcoal weber and enjoying a Sierra Nevada Torpedo or 2

Yob said:
Ooh.. Hard rubbish collection at the OC's
No, no, you silly-person (go & change your armour!). I've been chucking-out old paperwork, computer games & food that's past it's use-by date.

If there was anything I thought AHB'ers would find useful, I'd be posting about it!

Edit: Manticle, if I thought my place would be any good for you, I would've already PM'd you.

No worries mate. Probably a bit far to work, studio and futsal for the pushie but thanks all the same.
We should have the assistance of 2 real estates finding somewhere. Just other stuff I'd rather be doing than packing and looking and giving away loads of cash I don't have.

Just did the rounds checking the fermenters; all is good, might have a couple of pints of brown ale now.

No worries. That's what I thought.

Look on the bright-side - moving is a great opportunity to get rid of stuff that's no longer useful or relevant.

I've been reading-through my old school reports from as far back as 1972 ("Martin is obviously an intelligent boy".."great sense of rhythm"..."flair for the dramatic"..."excellent vocabulary"...."unable to focus"..."could do better"..."disruptive"..."opinionated"...."not reaching his full potential"....etc....etc....).

Like I said.....no longer relevant.... :ph34r:

Double batch of pale cubed and now enjoying an IPA, will be asleep early tonight.

Planning next weeks Black RyePA now, thinking something dank, Chinook or Simcoe maybe, pretty sure I'll be avoiding the fruit salad hops, may add some Cascade, the grapefruit could offset the dank well.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Did church this morning.
Smacked a pack of Wyeast Danny's Favourite 50.
Took mrs warra to the nursery/garden centre, and bought a Lilli Pilli which is now in place. Hope it grows quickly and hides the neighbour's mobile road block snail shell (aka caravan).
Continuing to reconstruct my brewery following our move. Plan is to brew on Tuesday.
Just took down the Erlenmeyer flask, and will shortly pitch the yeast into said flask to grow up the Wyeast which is now nicely swollen.
Dinner already cooked. Made a Lasagna yesterday, we only ate half of it, so that's the same meal again tonight. Will wash it down with a bottle of Japanese red wine, which was a gift from Beerisyummy and daughter dear after their trip there last year.
Hope to relax in front of the idiot box after dinner.

Been drizzling all day..sorted out the hops.sorted out my part's cupboard.Tried my new beer glass out (NICE)..sorted out my next trip to tasmania next weekend(free airfares)

Brined, dry rubbed and slow roasted pulled pork has an hour to go, made a big batch of homemade sausage rolls for lunch. Just pulled out two chocolate cakes for a double layer cake.. Veggies going in soon, just need to make the icing. Sipping on a homebrewed belgian dark ale. Got to love rainy Sundays.

Being retired and living in at the beach, Sunday is when the tourists are out in force so I stay home and make Sunday morning the cleaning day. I'm also working on a large oil painting. When I was coming home from QLD a couple of months ago I had to duck off the M1 to find a ladies room for SWMBO, and ended up at Palm Beach as I guessed anything with beach in the name should have an amenities block. Found said block, then turned around and BAM...

Holy shite. Gotta take a photo of THAT :eek: :eek:

Gold Coast.jpg

Painting going well, have blocked in base colour for the sky, sea and beach and will progress when it's dry enough to overlay with details.

Gold Coast painting.jpg

Couple of weeks work to go.

Time for a cider :beerbang:

MartinOC said:
"great sense of rhythm"..."flair for the dramatic"..."excellent vocabulary"...."unable to focus"..."could do better"..."disruptive"..."opinionated"...."not reaching his full potential"....etc....etc....).

Like I said.....no longer relevant.... :ph34r:
Yet somehow still pertinent... lol

I cut a ute and trailer load or firewood, then castrated and branded 19 calves with family, after sweating my arse off doing that, heading to the local for a quick beer and punt, fish and chips for lunch, then home to transfer a cider to keg and dry hop my IPA, Then cooked enough rissoles for 2 weeks worth of lunches. Also scared some Roo's and scared a plover. First Sunday I haven't woke up drunk or messy in a long while, should do it more often, get much more done.

Good day.

Competed internal storage space construction, dropped number 1 son off at friend's house, sorted through stuff for storage space disposed of 1/4 of it. Kegged experimental millennium ale. Sat on arse with Wally's wheat to watch footy.
Successful Sunday.

Lemon

shaunous said:
I cut a ute and trailer load or firewood, then castrated and branded 19 calves with family, after sweating my arse off doing that, heading to the local for a quick beer and punt, fish and chips for lunch, then home to transfer a cider to keg and dry hop my IPA, Then cooked enough rissoles for 2 weeks worth of lunches. Also shot 2 Roo's and a plover. First Sunday I haven't woke up drunk or messy in a long while, should do it more often, get much more done.

Good day.
Why would you shoot a pluva (or did u mean plova?)

Yeh, plover. Because they are worse than crows, they wake everyone up through the night and attack other birds, here anyway.

(What the hell is a pluva?)

Aren't Plover's protected? We have two at work that like to attack apprentices, which is funny from my office but in their attack season I have to drive across the road to get a coffee. Kind of a first world problem sorry for OT.

Anything Australian native is protected, which is why I never killed them, just scared them, same goes for the Roo's.

I remember in school they used to attack us, crazy birds.

Oh, and I trimmed my poorly grown hops and hid then under mulch for winter, hopefully second year they go better.

Not sure what got me more interested the beers or the food everyone is talking about!

Latest posts

Back