Another Single Tier Ag Beauty

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
Just while shiny stainless is on everyones mind.

Not sure if I ever posted this link or not but I guess it doesn't hurt to go around again ;). This is a very asthetically pleasing system with all the bells and whistles.

Careful, you might make a mess on your monitor :blink: :p

There has been some $$ thrown at this one.

http://www.evan.com/brewery/gallery/index.htm

Cheers, Justin

Why is CFC all polished and shiny? Does it work better that way?

Ha Ha, I think it must do MAH :p

FWIW I don't think that system had been used yet. Maybe it still hasn't :p , don't want to ruin the shine :blink: and get it all dirty. Imagine cleaning up a good solid boilover on that thing or a blown pipe/leak :eek:, now that would be a right PITA.

I better shut up now seeing as I haven't brewed in a little while and I'm building another system.

Cheers, Justin

Edit, added extra crap.

Hows this puppy?

19450_1_.jpg

Beautiful thing to look at.

(Where do you get those lovely polarware kettles from in Australia!)

I don't know if any pots like that are available in Oz. I know you can get big SS pots but not actual polarware ones but any big SS pots will do. Usually cost somewhere over $200 each. They have nice dimentions these polarware ones. The best value I've seen are the 14G Northern Brewer Italian kettles, but I can't remember how much the shipping was on them (I think best to buy and ship them individually to avoid duty/gst). Adds up when you buy three kettles though.

Cheers, Justin

What about this one!

Note: it isn't mine :lol: (I wish).

Warren -

Good old B3 ;). Looks lovely.

However, I still don't like the fact that you have to climb a ladder to mash in on those systems. Plus if you didn't have an automated float switch controlling sparge level (I think that one would though) it would be a nightmare trying to flysparge and keep the water level above the grain or not overflowing. Up the ladder, down the ladder, up the ladder, down the ladder. I can only just peer into my mashtun on my current 3 tier and I still think that's a bit high.

Of couse that's not to say I wouldn't have one but I'd make it lower to the ground. :D

Cheers, Justin

Thought the system looked familiar Justin. :blink:

What had me more in awe was the size of that extraction unit above the rig.

Here's some more detailed pics.

Here

BTW Justin you any closer to putting the new rig together? :)

Warren -

Woah! That dudes a big bloke. Better shut up about the short comings of his system ;) :p He probably just throws the 25kg bags of malt into the tun from the ground. :D

Probably uses that extraction fan to dispose of the bodies of cheeky little green with envy brewers too :blink:

The final config on the new rig is still to be fully decided on but should be made by this weekend. It's still between a single tier and a small three tier like the photo attached. I'll have to weld the frame together, that will be a job for the weekend a fortnight from now when I go home to my parents place. However, construction is going to be starting this weekend as my girlfriend is heading off to Greece today for a conference (gone for 3 weeks) and my other flat mate is house sitting for 2 weeks as of Saturday. That means lonely old me will have a lot of free time on his hands and the whole house to spread out in and set up brew gear and build.

This weekend I plan to get all the final bits of plumbing that I need. Install a sightglass in my mash tun, convert the third keg and install all my tel-tru thermometers. I'll probably cut up the steel this weekend too so it's easier to transport to my parents place.

So it's all happening. Hopefully I'll have pictures over the next few weeks when it all comes together.

Cheers, Justin

small_brewery.jpg

Latest posts

Back