Another Noob

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonbane

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have just started lurking around in your forums on the quest for knowledge. I am a complete newbie to the home brew scene, I was introduced by a friend who does his own brews.

We are about to kick of with a simple kit brew to start small. The idea of the all grain process amazes me and I'm keen to try it, but not until I have a few of the simple ones under my belt.

I would love to be able to come to one of the B.A.D. meetings when you're next on to pick up some more hints.

Might cat you soon,

Bane.

Hey guys,

I have just started lurking around in your forums on the quest for knowledge. I am a complete newbie to the home brew scene, I was introduced by a friend who does his own brews.

Bane.

welcome to AHB Bane, the people on this site have helped me (and the resulting beer) enorously, happy reading, brewing and learning... :icon_chickcheers:

Its a slippery joyful slope the HB experience, and the sweet sweet :icon_drunk: that comes from it is something we all get proud... of when we get it right.. and drink it anyway when we dont :p .

Slange

welcome aboard bane, you will be hooked in no time.

A brew club is a great idea, i only join the Westgate brewers a couple of months ago and have been kicking myself i didn't do it earlier :blink:

Biab all graining is really easy so don't be afraid, you really don't need a lot of experience to punch out a good brew that you and your mates will love. There are lots of AG recipes in the in the database so make good use of those.

Here are two links of guides that Nickjd created and they are a great help and covers from start to finish. It really doesn't cost much with Nick methods and they work well, you really can actually spend as little as $30 :beerbang:

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=44264

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=38674

Happy brewing

Cheers Bob

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. I have been checking out the links and I'm still getting my head around a few things.

I'm off to the local home brew shop on Saturday for some supplies to kick off. Maybe in a couple of weeks I will be tasting my first brew.

Cheers,

Bane.

Welcome aboard..join a club they help alot..i am just emptying my cupboard of cans and stepping packs then going to have a go at BIAB..i am a Westgate brewer also

Hi Bane,

It's great to hear that someone else in the area is starting to brew. Good luck with the first brew and hope you enjoy the process - it's great fun. I'm not too sure whether the BAD club will meet again before the end of the year, as we all know things are busying up at the moment. It'd be great if you came along to a meeting, just to meet other brewers and to taste some yummy all grain beers.

Back