Another Newbie...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Donohue

Reaction score
G'day people. I'm Pete and live in Ballarat, Vic. Got a little family and a house with a big shed :) I ride mountain bikes, play guitar, some photography and love a beer. The last bit is a bit contentious as the price of it is getting crazy and that led me here. So much to read so I'll get to it!

Welcome Pete, I highly recommend buying the John Palmer book How To Brew. Covers everything from the very basics right through in detail to all grain and more.

Welcome aboard pete, lots of info here (some good, some not so), but you'll work it out as you go along.

If you have good sound cleaning and sanitation processes and good yeast handling processes (i.e. right yeast, right number of cells at the right temp) you'll be making excellent beer in no time at all (even from kits/extract). Take care of those, and you're more than 3/4 of the way there.

JD

If you have good sound cleaning and sanitation processes and good yeast handling processes (i.e. right yeast, right number of cells at the right temp) you'll be making excellent beer in no time at all (even from kits/extract). Take care of those, and you're more than 3/4 of the way there.

Is there anything I can read about a good yeast handling process?

G'day people. I'm Pete and live in Ballarat, Vic. Got a little family and a house with a big shed :) I ride mountain bikes, play guitar, some photography and love a beer. The last bit is a bit contentious as the price of it is getting crazy and that led me here. So much to read so I'll get to it!

One word of advice, don't expect to save money by brewing your own - most of us spend way too much on shiny new equipment for that to work :)
It's a great learning process though and welcome to the slippery slide of brewing.

One word of advice, don't expect to save money by brewing your own - most of us spend way too much on shiny new equipment for that to work :)
It's a great learning process though and welcome to the slippery slide of brewing.

I ride mountain bikes, play guitars and take photos - and now this! Not one thing I do is cheap :) But I don't wanna be the richest guy in the cemetery! :)

Back