Another Keg Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peas_and_corn

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I cannot mash that
Reaction score
OK, now here's another question about kegs...

I have one cylinder of CO2. If I already have the cylinder connected to a keg and want to carbomate an additional keg, how do I do it without de-carbonating the original keg?

You won't de-gas your keg if you disconnect your gas, it should remain pressurised.
If you intend to have more than 1 keg going at any given time, set up a gas manifold.
I have 3 gas inlets, and 1 beer outlets ( for carbinating thru thr beer ) on my setup

Normell

Hmm... you have one outlet for beer; but if I have more than one keg, then I want more than one outlet, as each keg will have a different beer in them :beerbang:

could you post pics of your manifold so I can see your setup??

Cheers

As you can see, 3 with gas connections & 1 with beer, THESE ARE ALL GAS LINES
IMGP0314.JPG
made up of "T" pieces
IMGP0313.JPG
have 3 taps, on 3 beer lines for 3 kegs
IMGP0274.JPG
converted freezer holds 4 kegs, 3 dispensing & 1 conditioning

Normell

normell so your 3 kegs via your manifold are at what pressure?

can you carbonate and serve at once? or do you disconnect the 3 full kegs?

do you carbonate via the liquid in so the co2 bubbles up through the mixture?

so confused...

Fammer said:
normell so your 3 kegs via your manifold are at what pressure?

can you carbonate and serve at once? or do you disconnect the 3 full kegs?

do you carbonate via the liquid in so the co2 bubbles up through the mixture?

so confused...
[post="85119"][/post]​

Hi Fammer
Have the gas set to dispencing pressure (90-100Kpa) for all kegs, the conditioning keg gets the same, sure it takes a bit longer to carbinate up, but with 3 others on the go, who cares if it takes a week.
If I want to get a keg ready quickly, just disconnect the other 3, and crank up the pressure.
And yes carb. via the Liquid out, so the gas bubbles up thru the beer.

Normell

Normell, WHat are you ruinning in the chest freezer as a temperature guage/thermostat for pouring temperature?

Peas,

I've got a 3-Keg fridge, and I run a 3 way manifold from a single gas bottle. The manifold has 3 individual valves, each are non-return. This has a few advantages - you can switch individual kegs on to the gas to pressurise, the non-returns stop a keg with higher pressure from bleeding back into other kegs or forcing beer back into the gas line.

I have 2 of the lines about 1m long, which I use for my "production" kegs, and one which is about 2m long. When I put a new keg on, I put the beer from the fermenter into the keg and then into the fridge for a day or so to cool down, then I pull it back out and lay it on the floor, attach the longer gas line, and do the "Ross method" to gas. Then it goes back in the fridge and I've got 3 on the go.

Cheers, Alan.

Here are some pics:

img_5456_small.jpg

img_5458_small.jpg

so in the case of soft drink (which is what i am doing) I am at the moment carbonating at around 20-25psi for one week and I have had good results with that.

are you saying that once it has finisehd carbonating to just let them sit on 5psi (sering pressure) and the carbonation at 25psi will not be lost?

captainbrewer said:
Normell, WHat are you ruinning in the chest freezer as a temperature guage/thermostat for pouring temperature?
[post="85170"][/post]​

Tobins TS-40

Latest posts

Back