Another... Is This Infected Qu?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just measured the gravity of this wort and it has dropped 4 points, must be ok.

the yeast clumps on the top have seem to spread out more now too...

Without risking infection by taking your lid off too much Slugger. Are there any wisps of white foam starting to appear on the surface, mainly around the outside, against the fermenter wall?

This is usually a good indicator that things are starting to happen.

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
Without risking infection by taking your lid off too much Slugger. Are there any wisps of white foam starting to appear on the surface, mainly around the outside, against the fermenter wall?

This is usually a good indicator that things are starting to happen.

Warren -
[post="64435"][/post]​

NOt too sure, don't really want to take it off again, I will maybe check it tomorrow however it did seem to look more like krasuen just before then it did this morning...

NO airlock movement but I don't always get that either.. might just wait it out and see

OK I know I shouldn't have looked again but I couldn't help myself. (like a car crash on the side of the road :p )

I have taken a picture which is attached, good to see some krausen there now and a small amount of airlock movement however the yeast clumps, while split up, seem to be there still.

Hoping they will all drop out by the time ferment is complete... :( :huh: :(

invection_updated_220705.jpg

Slugger,

In its own ugly, unique way that's looking a lot better. :super:

Prognosis good, fermentation is commencing. Those white wisps of foam are the visual indicator. Gravity dictates that the globs should drop when primary fermentation ceases. If not just rack carefully around them.

Warren -

Sluggerdog,
how did this brew come along.
I have a smack pack of this yeast and will brew with it in a couple of weekends.
Dont know about the crashing the yeast though.

johnno

johnno, the first brew I made with this is still sitting in CC, only been in there for 3 weeks but from tastings I have had from the cube, it seems fine to me.

I re-used the trub from the yeast a second time and didn't get the funny clumps twice....

Latest posts

Back