Another Brisbane Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

als_world

Reaction score
OK lads, time for some more adjustable restrictors from Beertech. I'm waiting on a call back re final price and availability, but if we can get 10+ quantity, the restrictors should be about $30 ea, and the stems about $4 each. Postage will be split, same as last time.

In case anyone needs more info, these are the things I'm talking about:
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...?showtopic=5208
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...?showtopic=5200
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...?showtopic=3602

They will have the 5/16" JG in and out connectors, so if you use this size OD tubing, no need for the stems (unlike me who has about 20m of 1/4" ID spare :angry: ). The stems will allow you to use different size tubing. I might look at getting the stems somewhere else, there's a place in Adelaide that has them cheaper, but will have out to work out the savings vs postage saving in getting the lot from Beertech.

Anyway, I'll place the order next Monday, so let me know before then.

Alan.

I'll like 6x stems only if OK please

Batz

slightly hijacking the thread (sorry)...I would be curious to hear some further information about people using the flow restrictors - which is the correct set-up on these ie Asher' set-up is different to the pic's in the thread links listed by als_world and what type of pressure are people running the keg at prior to the flow restictor - ie 200kpa????

Regards

MarkWS

MarkWS, I normally hook them up as shown in the photo. Note the high quality and very expensive plastic tap. :p Obviously if you had thru-door snaploks or similar you would connect the beer line into these.

I usually try and keep the keg at the optimum carbonation pressure for the style (usually 80-140 KPa).

liquid.jpg

Als_world

Thanks for the post - esp for the pressure -i assume you are not having any problems with foaming?

When I was mucking around with them with the keg pressurized alot higher than that and just opening the flow control valve a 1/2 turn created just foam from the tap.

I will try the flow control valves again this weekend...again i think by major prob was the excessive keg pressure...

Regards

markws

OK lads, order is going in tomorrow about noon. Any other takers ??

Can you put me down for 2 with stems for both.

Many thanks
:beer:

Guys, the restrictors haven't arrived in Oz yet. I'm waiting on a callback from Beertech with an updated ETA. I'll hold off on the order until they've got them in stock.

So far, I've got:
Batz: 6x stems (1/4"ID to 5/16" OD) only
Ozbrewer: 2 (did you want the stems as well ?)
Mobriens: 3 with stems
Mothballs: 2 with stems

als_world said:
Guys, the restrictors haven't arrived in Oz yet. I'm waiting on a callback from Beertech with an updated ETA. I'll hold off on the order until they've got them in stock.

So far, I've got:
Batz: 6x stems (1/4"ID to 5/16" OD) only
Ozbrewer: 2 (did you want the stems as well ?)
Mobriens: 3 with stems
Mothballs: 2 with stems
[post="74414"][/post]​

yes please on the stems

Lads, rang Beertech again yesterday, no restrictors yet :-(

Will let you know you all know when they arrive and confirm final numbers.

Has anybody got any ideas on an alternative supplier ?

Mark, just re-read your post. I've found that with some of the more foamy beers, the best position isn't always at the slow end of the scale.

You might waste a little bit when setting up, but start with the restricter closed and open 1/2 turn at a time. You will need to pour for 2-3 seconds. If it's still all foam at this time, stop and increase 1/2 turn until the foam is only for the first second of the pour.

One particular brew was foaming badly when opened 1 turn, but was fine on about 1.5 (maybe to do with cavitation or CO2 coming out of solution as it goes through the restrictor - I dunno)

Hope this helps, if you haven't sorted it out already.

als_world said:
Lads, rang Beertech again yesterday, no restrictors yet :-(

Will let you know you all know when they arrive and confirm final numbers.

Has anybody got any ideas on an alternative supplier ?
[post="78119"][/post]​

I gave up on Beertech after waiting at least 6 weeks for mine. Roach did a bulk buy from the UK. Give him a PM. He should still have the contact details.

Beers,
Doc

Doc, I've got the details of Alumasc in the UK. Problem is, that's where Beertech are waiting on their supplies from. Beertech were really helpful last time we bought restrictors from them, so I'm hoping they'll come through as soon as they get their shipment.

als_world,
I would agree that based on my experience with Alumasc that they are very slow in filling an order, as they don't tend to hold any significant stock levels, and so only assembe the restrictors based on orders received. Maybe they are waiting for enough demand globally to justify a production run.

Alumasc do deliver and were responsive to my emails, just have to play the waiting game.

cheers and good luck
roach

OMG !!!! I don't believe it !!!

I actually got a call from Beertech today saying the restrictors have arrived !!!!

Only took 7 months to come in from the UK.

So, if anyone is still interested (I'm cool if you've given up and gone elsewhere), let me know. They are ringing back tomorrow with final pricing, so I'll let everyone know once I have that. Hopefully they haven't gone up too much.

Will put the order in on Monday if we've got the numbers.

Cheers,

Alan.

ok gang, I've got the pricing from Beertech.

If we can get interest in 10+ units, the costs are:

Restrictors: $30 incl GST
Stems: $3 incl GST
Complete unit (Restrictor + 2 stems) $34.

Postage will be split, so should be around $3-4 per person.

I would like to place the order this Friday afternoon, so let me know ASAP.

Cheers,

Alan.

6xstems for me please

Batz

Back