Another Braumeister Video

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJW

As you must brew, so you must drink
Reaction score
For those interested I recorded another brew day, with a few extra things people were asking for clarification on. I had the grain cracked at 1.5mm this time and lost 10% efficiency (75%) so I will go back to 1.2mm where I get 85% + everytime.
http://youtu.be/ivCRHvHv8dY

Steve

You seemed a bit lost there for the first few minutes, mate!

Manually venting pump! It's what was causing my pump break problems. Works like a charm now I tilt it to 45 dg and switch the pump on and off

I shall try the manually priming the pump. I have tried every other suggestion but still had issues with the pump! thanks for the video SJW

Thanks for the video, will come in handy for my new BM getting delivered soon :)

You seemed a bit lost there for the first few minutes, mate!
:lol: :lol: You noticed........ :lol: :lol: It was very early in the morning and my kids were asleep in the next room. Lucky you could not see what I was or was not wearing, as I just woke up about 30 seconds before I started filming.

Yes the manuel pump vent appears to be the magic bullet I think. Even after 3 or 4 quick turns on/off there was some small bubbles coming up. The instructions do make a big point of this, so maybe those Gemans know something.
So based on that I am going back to a "very fine" Grain crack next time. That was with a 1.5mm crack = 75% efficiecny, I was getting 85%+ with 1.2mm and that was repeated many times. But just to complete the test next brew I will get cracked at 0.9mm. LHBS says other BM users get the super fine crack and have no problems.

Steve

Latest posts

Back