AndyMac’s new Keezer Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Macz

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I thought I might post a few pictures of my recently completed Keezer build. A great deal of the inspiration came from various builds here and on the net. In summary, it is a 5 tap Keezer based on a 320L Westinghouse chest freezer. I used a combination of hinges and gas struts to support the large too slab (Sheoak).

If anyone is interested in any aspect of the build, I would be happy to post more photos or discuss.

Cheers

Hi everyone,
I thought I might post a few pictures of my recently completed Keezer build. A great deal of the inspiration came from various builds here and on the net. In summary, it is a 5 tap Keezer based on a 320L Westinghouse chest freezer. I used a combination of hinges and gas struts to support the large too slab (Sheoak).

If anyone is interested in any aspect of the build, I would be happy to post more photos or discuss.

Cheers

IMG_5661.JPG

So good.
Any progress pics?
Did you do the top yourself or outsource?
Any fancy way of hiding the cord to the wall?

How does the heat from the hot side dissipate.

The reason I ask is because some freezers have a radiator type device at the back of them known as an evaporator while others use the outer casing of the freezer as an evaporator.

How does the heat from the hot side dissipate.

The reason I ask is because some freezers have a radiator type device at the back of them known as an evaporator while others use the outer casing of the freezer as an evaporator.

Good question. The compressor has a grill vent on the end down in behind the drip tray/blackboard. I cut out a 200x300mm vent out of the woodwork there. The blackboard/drip tray apparatus sits out by about 10mm so that the compressor gets ventilation. Seems to be working fine so far!

Good question. The compressor has a grill vent on the end down in behind the drip tray/blackboard. I cut out a 200x300mm vent out of the woodwork there. The blackboard/drip tray apparatus sits out by about 10mm so that the compressor gets ventilation. Seems to be working fine so far!
Yes all freezers have a vent at the compressor end regardless of how the hot side works. I should have myself a little clearer. When the freezer is running, does the outside steel sheet metal of the freezer get warm? If it does then it can affect the running of the freezer and shorten the compressor life if you don't allow the heat to quickly dissipate.

Latest posts

Back