• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Andale Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greeno

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Does anyone have any secondhand andale taps that they are looking to get rid of? ( Pull down snaplock style)

cheers,

Jamie

Hey Guys,

Does anyone have any secondhand andale taps that they are looking to get rid of? ( Pull down snaplock style)

cheers,

Jamie

I have a couple of gold ones that I will be replacing in the next few weeks. Might take me a while to get connections sorted for my new taps when they arrive this week though. See Pic

kegeratorsmall.jpg

Hey Guys,

cheers,

Jamie
I have 3 on my keg fridge which I am looking to upgrade, checking out some taps this week, within a couple of weeks.
They will come with tap and snaplock on a shaft to go through the wall lining of a fridge.

If they are of interest then PM me.

:icon_cheers: Reg

I have a couple of gold ones that I will be replacing in the next few weeks. Might take me a while to get connections sorted for my new taps when they arrive this week though. See Pic

They look good, do you know how much you will want for them? cheers.

I have 3 on my keg fridge which I am looking to upgrade, checking out some taps this week, within a couple of weeks.
They will come with tap and snaplock on a shaft to go through the wall lining of a fridge.

If they are of interest then PM me.

:icon_cheers: Reg

Thanks mate, only after the Taps though as i have a font to attach them to..

Anyone else? i am really just after one to start with.

cheers..

Anyone else? i am really just after one to start with.

cheers..

Greeno, get at least 2. You will put up with one for only a short time ;)

Cheers - Snow

EBAY LINKY

Its a Lancer and although a Lock-In type it comes with the adaptor - identical to an Andale DA type. If you can pick it up on the cheap its worth considering.

Cheers

What tap is an upgrade from a Floryte?

Yes good question Paul, I started with two Floryte's many years ago and then changed taps.

I changed to the Micromatic or Bumbry taps, bought direct from Brewers Discount US very cheaply, the reason I did this was I now owned a font and wanted 5 taps all matching. Then I got caught up with all the latest talk and switched to Shirron Forward Sealing Taps..hell gotta be better hey?

Looking back my Floryte's were great taps (and looked good),nothing wrong with the cheap Micro's either,Shirron are nice to,if I had my time over I'll still have Floryte's.
It maybe that we usually have older knocked around Floryte Jobie's first,but they pour well. There's no way to convince me Celli's are the go either..been there seen them.

Just like they make a lure the catch a fisherman rather than the fish, taps are just the same for brewers.

Batz

Yes good question Paul, I started with two Floryte's many years ago and then changed taps.

I changed to the Micromatic or Bumbry taps, bought direct from Brewers Discount US very cheaply, the reason I did this was I now owned a font and wanted 5 taps all matching. Then I got caught up with all the latest talk and switched to Shirron Forward Sealing Taps..hell gotta be better hey?

Looking back my Floryte's were great taps (and looked good),nothing wrong with the cheap Micro's either,Shirron are nice to,if I had my time over I'll still have Floryte's.
It maybe that we usually have older knocked around Floryte Jobie's first,but they pour well. There's no way to convince me Celli's are the go either..been there seen them.

Just like they make a lure the catch a fisherman rather than the fish, taps are just the same for brewers.

Batz
Yeah I agree with what you said above.
The reason I am looking at going to cellis is I have a glass double door fridge and would like to make it look nice and neat. Therefore you can have different lengths of hose etc.
My florytes are great and I put a seal kit through every now and then too.

Ive been using Andale taps for 5 years, started out with the ek type then florytes. I bought some micromatics on ebay but they felt cheap and they got sticky all the time because they are rear sealing.

My recommendation is forward sealing taps for home use.

Yep - taps are getting dearer....

i can sometimes get S/H for 75.00 ea.

Brand new are 100.00 ea + you need 15.00 for a new Handle to go on there as well.

That does not include any snaplocks or 3/4"BSP Fatlocks for connection to fonts...

pretty sure that Florytes are forward seal taps. Correct?

I bought a few for my upcoming project, as well as a few DA taps on evilBay. And a PO-EK tap on a short font with a U.S. Guinness tap handle

If you can get 'em for a good price you should buy them. All of mine were under $60 (each) delivered, and some were much cheaper

Yes Les...Right on - th eFlorytes are forward sealing taps.

Ken..

Hi Greeno,
If I recall correctly you have the same font as me.

I bought EK PO style taps for the font, refer previous pic posted.

I have used no other tap so can't compare, but the taps I have are great. No issue at all, in fact they are "in style" for the age style of the font, so they look part of the font. They have great character I think.

Fear_n_Loath

Latest posts

Back