Andale Tap Comparison: Floryte V's Brumby

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vortex

Reaction score
I'm just about finished with building my keezer, and went to Andale for taps last week. They didn't have floryte's in stock, but he's got back to me with a price today. Just under $130/tap (the price on the Andale site doesn't include the handle). They also have the Brumby taps in stock, for about the same price.

Which is the better tap? I know the Florytes seal at the tip, but I don't know much about the Brumby taps, but most of the pubs I go to use them (the wheaty for one) - so are they a better tap?

The price per tap is very similar, so I'd prefer to go with the better tap (pouring, cleaning, serviceability etc)

What are people thoughts?

I'm just about finished with building my keezer, and went to Andale for taps last week. They didn't have floryte's in stock, but he's got back to me with a price today. Just under $130/tap (the price on the Andale site doesn't include the handle). They also have the Brumby taps in stock, for about the same price.

Which is the better tap? I know the Florytes seal at the tip, but I don't know much about the Brumby taps, but most of the pubs I go to use them (the wheaty for one) - so are they a better tap?

The price per tap is very similar, so I'd prefer to go with the better tap (pouring, cleaning, serviceability etc)

florytes are forward sealing, which means they have less chance of sticking especially if you dont pour all that often

florytes are a shit load easier to clean, you can unscrew the nozzle by hand which exposes the washer, seat and o-ring, no tools needed

florytes seem to have less resistance than a brumby, which means you might need slightly longer lines to balance your system

florytes can 'spit' the first pour if you havent poured for a while (say many hours or a day between drinks)

I think the best (and not in the list) are Celi taps, followed by the Perlick flow controls.

I think the best (and not in the list) are Celi taps, followed by the Perlick flow controls.
I want to stick to all Andale gear, thanks for the suggestion anyway.

I want to stick to all Andale gear, thanks for the suggestion anyway.

I just bought four of the Floryte's from Andale. DB is right regarding the next to zero resistance at the tap. I run my fridge @4deg & I carb & pour @70-80kpa. I have 4m of 5mm beer line to each tap & the pour is pretty much spot on. I had Brumby style taps in the past, not Andale & the Floryte's are heaps better, I really like them.

I used both when I was bartending, the one thing I noticed is the brumby taps drip and run 5-10 ml off after you flick the tap off. Doesn't matter obviously if you still have the glass under the tap. The floryte hardly drips at all - flick the tap off, nothing.

As for the movement and action of the taps, I preferred the 'snap on, snap off' quick action of the brumby tap when pouring beer. The floryte tap handle has a longer gentle action of opening and closing the tap.

I did notice with the brumby taps that if you hadn't poured anything out of it for a few hours you'd pour foam for the first half a glass, especially with lighter alcohol beers. This may have more to do with the lines/setup of the particular bar I was working in though.

I did notice with the brumby taps that if you hadn't poured anything out of it for a few hours you'd pour foam for the first half a glass, especially with lighter alcohol beers. This may have more to do with the lines/setup of the particular bar I was working in though.

this might be from the beer partially freezing in the line, given it sits beside a glycol line at minus something, and would be more common with the lower alcohol beer as they would freeze at a higher temp

Thanks guys, the Floryte's sound like the go. Cheers.

Back