andale swing taps (think old school bowls clubs)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

givemeamash

Reaction score
looking at taps gro the fridge. Went into andale to talk taps and they were pretty keen o get me ino the old style swing tap. Quiet like the idea as it reminds me of the pubs I worked in but not sure how they perform. can anyone give me any info on how well they work. I realise that I would have to keep an eye on mate pissing my beer away if they can't pour properly, but they seem sturdy and most importantly they seal just above the spout. at 70 bucks with a built in shank they also hit the spot price wise. Have searched and can only find info on these taps in a chrome v stainless debate.

I have had one on my keg fridge for 7 years and never had a hassle. Only now is it due to have the deals replaced.
Like you said is making sure mates know to turn it quick to straight out and hold it and you will be fine.

Cheers

Robbo

Think they are called EK taps? Find a few floating around gumtree etc.

Can't argue with tradition
Edit: also known as side basher taps

gold top can.jpg

I know heaps of outback pubs still run these, sort of nice the way they get flicked off with the back of the hand.

Having said this the only one I have is on the outside urinal.

Batz

I've got two in the shed that were on my old beer fridge for years. Only went to the Perlicks when i built my kegerator with font, but would happilly use these any time. They never got sticky and worked all the time. Great taps.

I have perlick FC's but considered the side bashers, I learnt to pull a beer on these, then later as an instructor for a bar course taught to use these, once people have the gist of it they'll be fine

i've had one on the fridge for 2yrs now and have not had a problem. just put a seal kit through it not long ago (5-6 bucks from andale). only problem has been teaching others how to use properly. i personaly like it better than the brumby tap that is next to it. 2c.

Batz said:
I know heaps of outback pubs still run these, sort of nice the way they get flicked off with the back of the hand.

Batz
There is a urinal outside????
Opps
The only hassel with those taps is that they can be a real PITA to strip and clean, I have two - one is easy to pull down the other impossible, guess which one doesn't get used.

Batz said:

Batz
Just in case you need a beer while having a piss eh Batz?

you've thought of everything!!

winkle said:
There is a urinal outside????
Opps
The only hassel with those taps is that they can be a real PITA to strip and clean, I have two - one is easy to pull down the other impossible, guess which one doesn't get used.

Just sitting against the wall ATM Perry, seems to be some discussion on where I'm allowed to set it up. :unsure:

a.jpg

Batz said:
Just sitting against the wall ATM Perry, seems to be some discussion on where I'm allowed to set it up. :unsure:
Love the use of XXXX in that... top Marks :beerbang:

Great for a hit of nostalgia. :D

It is usually only the people that don't know how to use 'em that don't like 'em. :ph34r: and, you can fit more "brumby Style" taps on a font of a given length.

I still have one on my original fridge that I got when I started kegging, still works well although I don't use it very much these days as it is in the garage.

It was the only tap available to me when I got it without spending mega dollars, no doubt about chinese crap, it has certainly made sure reasonable quality stuff doesn't increase in price :huh:

Batz, you wouldn't want to get confused and give the wrong tap a "back hander" when using the urinal. :lol:

Cheers

great to see those old style taps. i worked in pubs and clubs for years and those taps worked for years with no dramas and were a hell of alot faster to boot. Ive got a feeling i may be able to score a couple of those and do them up...got me thinking now, cheers Ned

Back