Andale Ivanhoe Font Beer Lines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

searly333

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I purchased a 4 tap Andale Ivanhoe font a while back (S/H), and I'm now going through the process of setting up my chesty and was wondering if anyone has had success pulling these apart and putting new beer lines in them? I've been in contact with Andale and all they wanted to do was charge me $88/hr labour plus parts.

Cheers,

Luke.

zindello said:
Why do you want to replace the lines?

Can you use some John Guest style fittings to attach some additional line to them?

That's what i did. Got them from Reece.

I'm guessing the lines are old and nasty, you should probably replace your lines every couple of years anyway

It's not that difficult to change the lines on a font, if it flooded it's a little bit more messing around.
Just take your time, have a couple of brews while doing it and perhaps swear a few times and it's done and dusted. ;)

Batz

Yeah I was thinking the same sp0rk, that I should probbably change them out, especially when I'm settring up a new system.

It is a flooded font. I've pulled all the end caps off the "T" of the font and removed the grub screws, now there's an end plate next which seems quite stubborn to remove.

Any ideas?

Virgin Brewer said:
Hi Guys,

I purchased a 4 tap Andale Ivanhoe font a while back (S/H), and I'm now going through the process of setting up my chesty and was wondering if anyone has had success pulling these apart and putting new beer lines in them? I've been in contact with Andale and all they wanted to do was charge me $88/hr labour plus parts.

Cheers,

Luke.
Which Andale branch did you ring?
I contacted different branches & some couldn't be more helpful but another goose I rang was an arse.
I didn't get my gear from him as he was rude & unhelpful.
Might be worth a shot.

Where are you located?

I'm actually heading to the Andale Vic Head Office tonight to pick up some Shanks. I could make an enquiry if you want.

I got my local Country Brewer store to send them an email asking for an exploded diagram or similar and he said they don't have any diagrams like that and proceeded to say that they could do it for me for about $200. Fark that.

Thanks zindello, any sliver of information would be appreciated.

I'm near Newcastle in NSW.

Cheers

Maybe give MHB a call and ask if he knows anything about them
I know he's been snowed under lately, but he's a great guy and knows a whole lot

Yeah might not be a bad idea. I'll have another crack this afternoon and see what I can't figure out.

Cheers

Back