Andale Ceramic Tap Heads...what Year

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrentonSpear

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have come across some andale tap heads that seem to be made of a ceramic material.

Does anyone know what year these are from and if they are still made?

I have attached a picture.

tap_front_smaller.jpg

gday brenton
i purchased a similar ceramic handle only its all green and in excellent condition on ebay.its got the same cascade pale ale logo and the seller - from tasmania-said these are no longer made.so i would guess they have only gone out of circulation in the past 5-10 years.it looks absolutely grouse on the anndale tap along side the other anndale with the wood handle from gmk that i have on my fridge.

Ceramic Handles.

Hi Guys,

these Handles are getting rarer but i think they are still available for approx $15.00 ea.

I have one of the Cascade Pale Ale Handle...

If it is not being rude...
What price did you guys pay on e-bay.

gday ken
i reckon i hit the jackpot on ebay.i got mine for $10. and its in excellent condition.looks like it was never used.i was stoked that i was the only bidder for it.started at 10 bucks and finished at 10 bucks.seller was probably pissed off but hey thats ebay for you.
ken have you any idea on there service dates?
im just guessing they have been out of service for quite some time.

For a home brewer...

I think you should only have to service them once a year.

Ie pull apart, clean, check and LUBE.

Then you can put a kit thru them if need be.

Hope this helps

Ken,

I think he meant when the tap heads were in service (used) in pubs :p

thats what i meant brenton but thanks for the tip ken.i was more curious as to there service in the pubs before being replaced with newer models/styles of taps.
also ken are kits still available?

Back