Andale 4-tier Font Pipework

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrentonSpear

Reaction score
I pulled apart the 4-tier font today and behind the tap disconnects the beer line attaches.

It has an unusual attachment and I am not sure how to make it the same with the new beer line I will use. Anyone know?

Pictures tell a thousand words.....

disconnect_line_1.jpg

And a closeup of the line.

I want to know how to make the mushroom shape of the pipe. There is a stainless sleeve that is pushed into the end of the line also.

disconnect_line_2.jpg

Remove the pip from the end of the old hose.

Slide the collar from the old hose and put it over the new hose(with the thread facing the pip).

Now push the pip into the end of the new hose(might require a jug of boiling water to soften the hose a bit), so that the end of the hose goes over the shoulder on the pip.

Place the hose and pip into the back of the housing and slide the collar up and screw into the housing.

Once screwed into the housing the profile will be formed on the hose.

That's it
I cut the old line to get the pip out , always have needed to use boiling water to soften the hose to get the pip back in , I then trim excess of the hose if the pip went in a fair way

Can be a little trying yes :p

Righto Guys. I have given it my best but I just cant get the pip to go over the lip.

I put boiling water into a cup, stuck the end of the tube in the cup for 5 minutes and then attempts to push the pip in.

It goes in some of the way but not over the lip.

Any extra tips and tricks for this?

I have reached my swearing quota for the week :)

Hi BrentonSpear,

What you might try is softening the tube in boiling water as you have been doing and then get a centre punch and push the tube while it is HOT onto the taper end of the punch.
Let it cool and pull the tube off the shaft of the centre punch and then heat it and push it onto the pip.
What this does is enlarges the tube slightly and by letting it cool on the taper of the punch it will maintain its slightly larger size.
Give it a go, it worked for me.

Cheers

the pip should be arrow head - ie one side slopes the other is flat to a 90 degree face. The 90 degree face goes into the font piece - NOT the line.

Ensure the slope is what goes into the line - push the line 2-3mm past the edge.
Now imerse the line and pip back into just boiled water.
This will make the beer line go back to original shape and shrink around the pip.
Then screw in the threaded piece as stated in earlier posts.
It will lock in.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Guys. I will give these ideas a go.

GMK, I have the pip the right way round, it just wont go in there :(

Back