Amsterdam Maximat0r!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trevc

Reaction score
Wow, imagine how much the nanny-nation tard government would tax this if it were sold here!
2747952044_aedec3a918.jpg

Also, Amsterdam Mariner is currently on sale at BWS for $55/2 cartons. Not bad, and it tastes more beery than the usual aussie cheapies. I can actually smell a hint of hops, shocking :)

Also, the Mariners are actually brewed by Grolsche Bierbrouwerij N.V.

That looks like a strong drop!

However, nix the Mariner at BWS at that price. You can get Oettinger and Grolsch in the same $55 for 2 deal. Both are, in my opinion, quite a lot better.

The Oettinger is an OK German made pilsener and the Grolsch is the 250 ml real 'made in Holland' version, not some of the made under licence product that shows up out here on the cheap sometimes. The Grolsch is better than the Oettinger.

Cheers - Fermented.

I've been plowing through 2 cartons of oettinger, and it's ok on a hot hot day as a lawnmover beer, but not that flash

I was about to point out that the Grolsch is only 250ml, but that's still 3/4 of a 330ml stubby, thus making the equivalent carton price $36.30 for 330ml bottles.

Sorry, I over-analyse things sometimes.

I recall buying a can of this in a corner shop in Paris a few years back.
Dirt cheap, around 3 Euro a 500ml can!
Rocket fuel really...found it very hard to drink.

Dirt cheap, around 3 Euro a 500ml can!
Rocket fuel really...found it very hard to drink.

Maybe one of the ones to drink on the way home after a big night to make sure the deal was well and truly done. :)

Cheers - Fermented.

Maybe one of the ones to drink on the way home after a big night to make sure the deal was well and truly done. :)

Cheers - Fermented.
Hahah yeah, I figured it would make an awesome roadie beer. Crack one for the journey to the pub and you'll be half cut by the time you get there!

That maximator reminds me of them SKOL 9% 500ml cans you can buy, they are like cough syrup with booze.. urghh!

Latest posts

Back