Amsterdam Mariner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delboy

Reaction score
hey guys i know we all like to brew our own but BWS or safeway liquour at the moment have got AMSTERDAM MARINER PREMIUM LAGER OUT FOR 28 BUCKS A CARTON .
I DONT MIND THIS STUFF its not bad drinking while your waiting for your own to be ready .
and as for a fully imported beer its much nicer than a carton of VB or westend draught for the money what do fellas recon ?

i am on my second 6 pack and i am rat arsed all ready and it still tasted good well the things you do at your 5 year old birthday with 200 screaming kids LoL :blink:

delboy :huh:

2 things
1 - Lager has 1 r or it's larger.
2 - Don't forget, they're only 330ml bottles x 24 = 7.92L
You can buy 500ml cans! 24=500ml = 12L!

I must admit, this beer seems to be the epitomy of swishy lager. I can't really handle more than a pint at once. But sometimes that's what you're looking for. Like junkfood or pop-radio or chicks that giggle ;).

could not see the spelling error :p

any how for the fun of it i thought i would try it and it is'nt that bad for a swishy lager what ever .

i havent seen or did i see 500 ml cans though :(

anyway tangent or is that TANED GENT . :D IT IS A NICE CHANGE from the aussie stuff .

delboy :beer:

yep i agree

worst end dirt as you say tangent (no body , crap head , no taste , allways bitter ) sounds a bit like stormy sommers LoL

they sould have called it "SPICEY GHOST"cos it taste like "$h1T"
THERE YOU GO KAI :p
DELBOY

oops sorry it is not very nice though.

W.E.D is abit hows ya father . i do prefure coopers

I don't mind Amsterdam Mariner. Basically its good because:

1. its as cheap as chips

2. its just as good on a hot day as any of the more expensive stuff (Becks, Heiniken, Cascade, Boags etc)

3. the bottles are good for home brew :p

I'd still drink a HB lager over it any day of the week (or every day as the case may be).

I agree with TD. Im actually working through a case now as i finished all the beer before i moved. It's heaps better than just about any australian lager, and cheap as.
Having said that, i just tried some of the VB Original Ale - and while not a great beer, it's miles above normal VB.

I like the way that they say on the back "using a traditional kettle hopping method" which just kind of illustrates how much iso-hops have taken over the large breweries.

jgriffin said:
I agree with TD. Im actually working through a case now as i finished all the beer before i moved. It's heaps better than just about any australian lager, and cheap as.
Having said that, i just tried some of the VB Original Ale - and while not a great beer, it's miles above normal VB.

I like the way that they say on the back "using a traditional kettle hopping method" which just kind of illustrates how much iso-hops have taken over the large breweries.
[post="86925"][/post]​
[/quo

yer green bottles are s#&! i find all geman or nederlands beer taste the same i
think its the green bottles

I'll vouch for that beer for the price aswell, its pretty much 28 bucks all the time here, can buy two slabs for the price of 1 carton of any other euroswill and to me the beers is better than most euro swill anyway, exept maybe lowenbrau but i don't consider that euro swill.
Makes me laugh seeing young dudes thinking there cool buying a slab of becks between four of them, iam like for a start how far is a slab gunna go between four blokes? :lol: and why pay for big bucks when you don't have to? <_<
Its a good beer for filling up 1 litre steins i reckon and just plain getting drunk on reasonble cheap beer :chug:

Trampled underfoot
Jayse

Man, I've never gone four ways into a carton! When I've pitched in for beer, I've made sure it's a twelve pack each, or I don't pay and just buy a carton for myself! :)

OK.
Bit the bullet this morning and got a case.
Am witing for it to chill in the fridge.
Should be just about ready when the boil starts.
Will report back.

cheers
johnno

johnno said:
OK.
Bit the bullet this morning and got a case.
Am witing for it to chill in the fridge.
Should be just about ready when the boil starts.
Will report back.

cheers
johnno
[post="114142"][/post]​

Johnno,

Great to see that you have recovered sufficiently to commence brewing again!

Jiggered backs suck. I popped my Achilies tendon Saturday playing cricket... thank god it didnt rupture, or I wold have been carted off in an ambulance. Just like a bad back, I no longer know how much to trust it......

All part of the aging process I s'pose.

M

Not a bad beer @ xmas in Young NSW my dad saw it on special for $14 a case, naturally he rang up my bro's and I and took orders, we ended up with a dozen cases, after 5 days between four of us we halved that :)

Yep.
For the price its not bad at all.
Paid $30 for it at Dan Murphys.
Reckon here is sugar in it? Its a bit light on the taste.

Aww well cant complain too much. I think VB was $38? a case.

Cheers
johnno

DrewCarey82 said:
Not a bad beer @ xmas in Young NSW my dad saw it on special for $14 a case, naturally he rang up my bro's and I and took orders, we ended up with a dozen cases, after 5 days between four of us we halved that :)
[post="114148"][/post]​

If only they had it 15mths ago when I was in Young. Can't complain about that price.

Back