American Ipa With Wyeast 1007?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goatherder

Fancyman of Cornwood
Reaction score
I'm making an AIPA this weekend. I've got a nice fresh 1007 yeast cake and I'm thinking it might be a good match for the style. It's supposedly fairly clean and attenuative so it sounds like it might work. Do you reckon I'm on the right track?

I think that should match well. I've done a couple of APAs with 1007 recently and they've both come out really well IMO. It's a really nice yeast to use in general and I've found that it flocculates fine given a bit of time to settle.

I made a really big APA with 1007 recently. The yeast doesn't have a big impact on flavour. The high attenuation is great if you are making a big beer. It's what all those American ale yeasts would like to be.

Last I checked, the scottish is 028 :p

1007 would do fine for an aipa. The americans are not interested in the yeast. Hell, half the time they are not even interested in the hops, so long as they are present in quantity.

I dare someone to brew a pride american ipa.

Last I checked, the scottish is 028 :p

1007 would do fine for an aipa. The americans are not interested in the yeast. Hell, half the time they are not even interested in the hops, so long as they are present in quantity.

I dare someone to brew a pride american ipa.

Thanks for the vote of confidence everyone. 1007 it is.

I'll leave the pride IPA for Tony...

Latest posts

Back