american brown bill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mongey

Reaction score
started AG brewing in august and after a spring and summer of APA's , IPA's ,saison and beligan ales time to try out some darker all grain brews.

want to start with a american brown . been googling a of bunch recipes and have ended up with this grain bill based on a few I liked the look of

80% maris otter
7% dark munich
3% medium crystal
3% biscuit
4% chocolate
3% flaked oats

seem ok ?

hops haven't decided yet . maybe magnum, for bittering, cause i always have it in the fridge for bittering and cascade of chinook or something to keep the american flavor

yeast wise thinking of trying something new. maybe one of the English ale yeasts WLP002 or nottingham . will get the grain sorted first then think about it

I love chinook in a darker ale. Arrogant ******* ale is a classic (not that you would class it as an American brown) US05 is my go too yeast but I also enjoyed WLP007 English dry.

I love chinook in a darker ale. Arrogant ******* ale is a classic (not that you would class it as an American brown) US05 is my go too yeast but I also enjoyed WLP007 English dry.
I really like arrogant ******* but local bottle shop doesn't stock it anymore , so that would be a good thing .

hhmm now I'm thinking scrap the brown and do a AB clone

Last edited:
Back