American Ale Yeast 1056

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
Anyone using this ?
I just recieved a mail order from G&G and I have included this, now I notice on wyeast website it states this yeast usually requires filteration.
Anyones comments who has used it please

That is bollocks Batz. Use it as you would a normal ale yeast. It is a good flocculator. Very neutral.

Bollocks and cheers
TDA

Cheers for that TDA

I am glad it's ......"bollocks" !!
:blink:

Hey Batz,

I'm curently using wyeast 1056, and having problems with my brew see topic "Brew Problem's" from myself. Maybe that is whats causing my problems that the yeast does need filteration. :blink:

I've used WY1056 on 3 occasions sofar, and will be using it again this weekend. I find it to flocculate very well! I've never filtered it (well, apart from my GMK irrigation filter, but thats for the dry hops).

Its a brilliantly clean ale yeast too. Great for making balanced beers.

Keep it right around 19-20 for the best results.

Well I'll let you know how mine goes Barney , could be a little while before I use it

i hear nothing but good reports about it and made a killer Skunk Fart ale. Must say it was cloudy, but i didn't really secondry it as i was ... thirsty

give it a go you will enjoy

Batz,

I use the 1056 in my AG House Ale. It comes out clear (after secondary) and I agree with Kook and TDA, it's fairly neutral with a nice clean finish. I've still got a few starters in the fridge that I must use real soon :D

Trev

Back