Amatos Beer Festival This Saturday

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichLum

Reaction score
Apparently Amatos in Leichardt is having a Beer Festival this Saturday.
A mate showed me a flyer for it on Saturday night.

Anyone know anything about it? Or been to previous years (apparently this is an annual thing for them).
Said there were 40 beers to try I think.

Not sure how it works (how much it costs, how much you get to try etc...)

Maybe if I'm not busy Saturday might check it out...

Rich

Yeah they dropped a flyer to me a few weeks back.

It depends on which dist. is going to show on which beers will be available.

Amatos does have a good selection of beers to try

I was browsing through the beers in Amatos' the other day. I noticed that some of their stock is past the 'Best Before' date. They have a notice up, that beer will still be good past this date, but I wouldn't risk it. I think they should do something about shifting the less popular stock so that their beers are always fresh.

Busboy said:
I was browsing through the beers in Amatos' the other day. I noticed that some of their stock is past the 'Best Before' date. They have a notice up, that beer will still be good past this date, but I wouldn't risk it. I think they should do something about shifting the less popular stock so that their beers are always fresh.
[post="82045"][/post]​

yeah that sign is bullshit. the only things that will be any good past the useby are belgians. theres a whole wall of stale 4.5% english bitters for $8 a bottle. most of the german lagers are past it too.

i've even seen some unscrupulous importers put their own stickers over the original "best before" on the bottle with new dates....

give us some credit

Just wandered down to Amatos (it's 100m away from my place) to grab a lunchtime Deuchars IPA - this is one beer that is lovely fresh but tastes like mineral water after a few months...anyway

i got the list. Here's what they got on tasting (and apparently giving away a few bottles too). it's a big list but most of em are not particularly rare or good it has to be said. but who's going to knock back free beer.

Grolsch
Trumer Pils
Old speckled hen
Caporal
Chimay Blue, Red, White
Warsteiner
Bellevue framboise
Duvel
Hoegaarden forbidden fruit, grand cru
Oranjeboom
Sam Adams lager
Estrella 1906 riserva
Ambar Lager, Pale Ale 1900
Guinness
Reissdorf klsch (has only just appeared, in sydney at least)
Schneider Original, Edelweisse, Kristalweizen, Aventinus, Aventinus Eisbock
Paulaner hefe, pils, original, oktoberfest, salvator
Speights gold medal ale
James Squire amber, pils, porter, IPA
Becks
Heineken
DAB
Erdinger hefe
Hansa
Schfferhofer Kristal
Budvar
Monteiths Original, Black, Pils, Golden Lager, Radler, Celtic
Tui IPA
Moretti Baffi d'oro, Sans Souci
Gilde Pils
Little creatures pale, pilsener

not on this list but newly arrived in the coolroom was a strange looking belgian 11%er in a champagne bottle called "HY original" or something... strangely enough, brewed in Belgium for an Italian company. hopefully theyll give away a few bottles of that...

anyways i got a thesis to write but might pop in during the day and do the rounds

Maybe not the rarest beers - but some good ones there in anybody's book :chug:

Back