Amarillo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your opinion of Amarillo hops?

• 5 - Great, mate

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1 - Disgusting

• 0 - Never used them

• Total voters
My first brush with Amarillo was a late-hop only American Brown. I used a 2:1 mix of Amarillo and Cascade and made the additions at 20, 10, 5 and flameout. The beer turned out to be a real crowd pleaser. I loved the big hop hit while the beer was fresh but the choc malt is really coming through nicely as the hop character fades. I'm a big fan of Amarillo, I'll be using it a lot more.

Nice as a flava addition in an APA,but still need cascade @ end for character.

Workin on a combo that comprises <Challenger, Amarillo, cascade for the perfest APA( :rolleyes: Maybe)

I've been doing Kit and Kilo's for about 10 years.

Fiddled about with steeping some hops and grain but finally used Amarillo for the first time about two weeks ago in my 3rd ever AG.

I Have just tasted it, NB Bittering and Amarillo Flavour and Aroma.

I love this hop.

I'll probably be sick of it in six months but for the time being, it's awesome.

Cheers.
Thommo

My first use of Amarillo was in an Alt a few years ago. I had no idea they were more suited to a pale ale at the time but Goliath Dave wanted someone to try them out and I was already brewing an Alt that day. The Alt ended up being an Eis-Alt and was indeed a bloody good drop although I am not sure if the Amarillo's added anything significant.

I find it is a good hop combined with Centennials in an Amber or any other American high alpha hop in IPA's.

I still havent managed to brew a satisfactory drop using solely Amarillo, unlike roach :chug:

C&B
TDA

Latest posts

Back