Altmunster 2 Litre Growler..any Good?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
I saw this growler in my local bottlo. Altenmunster. Is this beer any good? I want to buy it to re use the growler but for $30 want to at least know Im going to get a decent beer to drink.

altmunster.jpg

alstmunster2.jpg

Edit: Altenmunster..not AltMunster

Gee that's a bit pricey, the beer isn't the best but the bottles are great. :beerbang:

That's odd that IGA has them. I wonder if they imported them on their own merit. From what i was aware these were $19.99/$23.99 on the norm in one of the big 2.

At $30...hmmm On the plus side it's $30 for 2L of beer, and a wicked swingtop. Though, from memory the glass isn't that thick on them....suitable for bottle conditioning?

I quite like this beer. 500ml swing tops for about six bucks.

20 at 1st choice. Beer is ok too.
The glass and swing top is definitely much better than grolsch bottles.

Just be aware that licensed places, such as the Local Taphouse Bottleshop, won't fill these sorts of growlers.

I went there a couple of weeks ago to fill my 2lt growler with Bridge Road IPA, only to be told they can only refill their own, branded, 1.89lt, growlers.

Grrrrrrr, indeed.

Ok well I wont buy it at $29.99 if they can be got cheaper than that. I was going to use the growler for filling with my own home brew.

They were $20 at "Canberra First Choice" a month ago, they had a small pallet of the stuff too...

They were $20 at "Canberra First Choice" a month ago, they had a small pallet of the stuff too...

yeah i heard that first choice were stocking them but when i finally got to perth )the one i visited didnt stock them either did dan murpheys or the other 3 stores i visited :(

yeah i heard that first choice were stocking them but when i finally got to perth )the one i visited didnt stock them either did dan murpheys or the other 3 stores i visited :(

.....and being Perth you would of been slugged $50 anyhow :lol:

Back