Alternative To Vienna

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diggles

Reaction score
Hi,
Am going to do a Wit beer (Schneider Weisse-style by Les the Weizguy) from the recipe DB, but just found that I have no Vienna malt, but have some munich malt. Would this be a good substitute?

Thanks for any help

Diggles

Yes. If thats all you have available I would cut it back by about 40% though. The Munich is darker and sweeter than the Vienna. You may want to recalc your target SG.
Daz

Everyone should know this.

Thanks me later.

Anyway I'm off to blow dry my hair.

Cheers

I stand corrected. I do know an alternative to Vienna.

Now it's an earworm. Thanks. :p And now I have Toto's Africa in my head too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just add 'Eye of the Tiger' by Asia and you pretty much have the 80's covered Nick.

Hi,
Am going to do a Wit beer (Schneider Weisse-style by Les the Weizguy) from the recipe DB, but just found that I have no Vienna malt, but have some munich malt. Would this be a good substitute?

Thanks for any help

Diggles

Yes, my buds prefer Munich over Vienna.

Hi,

Thanks for any help

Diggles

Thanks, had to stuff around with the SG, came out darker than it should, ......will see what it tastes like soon.

Diggles

Latest posts

Back