• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Alternative to Joe White Traditional Ale Malt

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Horatio

Reaction score
Howdy folks

Can brewers recommend an alternative grain to use as a regular base malt? My last two 25kg sacks have been JW Traditional Ale malt and it's a good malt. I just want to try something different so thought I'd ask.

I brew ales only, IPAs, pale ales, amber ales, american stouts, belgian pale ales, well that's been the styles I've brewed to date, been at it for a year.

What do folks suggest...

Barry

To thine own self brew
Reaction score
I tend to use Castle Pale Ale malt for APA’s, IPA’s etc.

Horatio

Reaction score
Thank you all very much. I think some experimentation might be in order, smaller batches in a smaller fermenter that I have. I think I'll start Simpson's Golden Promise going by its description.

Cheers, drink beers.

Rumper

Reaction score
Howdy folks

Can brewers recommend an alternative grain to use as a regular base malt? My last two 25kg sacks have been JW Traditional Ale malt and it's a good malt. I just want to try something different so thought I'd ask.

I brew ales only, IPAs, pale ales, amber ales, american stouts, belgian pale ales, well that's been the styles I've brewed to date, been at it for a year.

What do folks suggest...
Joe Whites Signature Ale and Signature Pilsener has just been released yesterday. 1/7/19

Latest posts