Alternative False Bottom

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you jasonY,jazman and jayse.good info and will try on next partial unless of course my grain supply prob is sorted then its full mash ahead.

cheers fellas
big d B)

<_< <_< <_<
:ph34r:

how ya going batz.
hanging out for the mailman :p

big d B)

Waiting for him yes !
SAY NO MORE !
:ph34r:

big d,

I wouldn't worry too much about the mash out and the temp of the grain bed when sparging.
I used to worry about it but after many discussions with lots of other brewers, no-one really gets the grain bed to the sparge water temp.
The only way to really get it there is if you have a method of direct heat on the MLT.

Lately I've switched to batch sparging though and that tends to get the temp closer to the sparge water, but that wasn't why I've started batch sparging.

RDWHAHB
Doc

thanks doc
will go with the flow next time and just let it happen

cheers
big d

the batch sparging is a good idea.
because there will be grain below the screen with mixing it all up after the first runnings you will get better effiency as well.
i would put a elbow on the end of the tube attached to a manifold on the bottom. or you could make a false bottom out of a mayo bucket lid or something.just cut it to size and have something underneath to keep it a few cm of the bottom.

just throwing out some more ideas bigd.

cheers jayse

thanks jayse.
being new to partials and gearing up for full mash im always open to any suggestions.im willing to try different ways to achieve the desired end result.great beers.read
lcpa style beers.love that cascade.

cheers
big d

Back