Alternate clamp for hoses?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crouch

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for alternate clamps for my silicon hoses ... these ones suck balls, they dig into your hands and make using them one handed a pain.

I was thinking just some simple ring clamps ... what do other people use?

hose-clamp.jpg

Have you tried them without any clamp. On my 3V I don't have any hose clamps. Otherwise maybe a plastic tie.

They are shithouse clamps.

Can't you use Normal automotive worm drive clamps, then tape over the clamp so it doesn't catch on your hand or anything else.

Cable ties work for me. Just trim the tags flush. Goddam things are sharper than Japanese steel.

Camo6 said:
Cable ties work for me. Just trim the tags flush. Goddam things are sharper than Japanese steel.
Yes just ask the whales -_-
I use the screw clamps with the plastic wing nut, work well, need a bit of lube on the worm part occasionally.
Big green shed.

Zip ties are worth a try... Nice and cheap and you'll have a few spare from your build.

On a related note how good are those quick disconnects to use? Is cam lock better?

I'll throw out another vote for not using clamps, I've never bothered on the 1/2" barbs from craft brewer, I do use one on my mash tun valve but that's because it's a smaller barb.

If you really want to use clamps head to the garden section of your closest green shed and grab the butterfly hose clamps, about $3 each from memory.

+1 for small cable ties. I even found some stainless cable ties I was going to try but haven't gotten around to to it yet.

Bunnings do a range of hose clamps that use a butterfly thumb screw thingo. It holds my nitro line onto the reg so they are very sturdy. Edit just google.image butterfly hose clamp.

I assume you picked those wire clamps up at Keg King? You can just get the butterfly clamps instead - they're cheaper (~$1) and the handle can be removed.

As QldKev mentioned, you might not even need them... Is the pump strong enough to push the hose off the barbs? (care to try?!)

I have to use clamps on my plate chiller only....all the rest are just pushed on without issue.

Back