Altbier In Duesseldorf

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdh

Reaction score
Has anyone here been to Duesseldorf and had Alt at the brewpubs there?

tdh

Doesn't look like anyone has!
How about you post your stories about drinking ALT in dusseldorf for all to read?
I just put down a ALT on chillziler (the aluminuim brew monster).
Stuck with santiam again like last time because i thought it worked a treat and has the spice iam after, aswell as the american grown hops i even used a american yeast!
The main player of course is the weyerman munich II and is a awesome malt.
Anyway go ahead and brag about your adventures in dusseldorf TDH.

Jayse

Will scan some pix, back soon.

tdh

That is a definate ambition of mine tdh!

You lucky, lucky *******.

For the record ALT is my favourite style of beer if you didn't know :rolleyes:

C&B
TDA

tdh said:
Will scan some pix, back soon.

tdh
Have you got that scanner working yet or what?

Jayse

I was in Dusseldorf and did indeed drink plenty of Altbier, but it was in December '95 and I've forgotten exactly which places/beers etc :( I've got some German friends who love their beer and they showed me a good time. One was in Koln and the other in Dusseldorf so I got a pretty good tasting tour of Kolsches (sp?) and Alts. Alts were my faves at the time until I hit the Czech Republic, I remember that much ;) Love to see those pics tdh - I'm sorry my memory isn't any better. Would love to go back...

Shawn.

I havent had a chance to unfortunately. I plan to take a trip to GER mid year though on a rauchbier mission. Altbier doesnt seem to filter over here either which is unfortunate. The only kolsch on draft here is Fruh and Kuppers too, which are both pretty average.

I'm putting in an order from onlyfinebeer.co.uk soon though, which will include all the Kolsch and Altbier available.

A few pix of the 4 Duesseldorfer brewpubs.

Jayse and DA, will gladly be your tour guide and translator, just say when!

tdh

First pic - The front of 'zum Fuechschen'

Fuechschen_1a.JPG

The micro and beer hall at 'Schluessel'.

tdh

Schluessel_1a.JPG

'Schumacher' Brewpub, Altbier vom Fass (Alt from a barrel)

tdh

Schumacher_1a.JPG

Great pics TDH.
I thought a few of my beers had some decent head on them, but that last photo puts me at ease :p
Brewed my first Kolsch today and was setting the seeds in my wifes mind that we needed to visit Cologne to see how close my brews are.
Alts are next :D
Again great pics.

Beers,
Doc

EDIT: In the time I wrote my post you posted a couple more so it is a few back now :eek:

Drinking 'Uerige' Alt in the Duesseldorfer mall.

tdh

Uerige_2a.JPG

The front door to 'zum Uerige'.

tdh

Uerige_3a.JPG

The 'zum Uerige' Hanseat Tempo 3-wheeler delivery van.

tdh

Uerige_4a.JPG

A rubberneck with 'Koebes' (Duesseldorfer waiters generic nickname) at Schumacher, in front of a disused wort cooler.

tdh

Schumacher_3a.JPG

Hey bigd, do you think you could soup up the engine of the "'zum Uerige' Hanseat Tempo 3-wheeler delivery van" with a Harley engine ? :p :lol:

Doc

would love to give it a try doc.what an unreal looking machine.just the thing for delivering beers in the topends wet season.

great photos tdh.

keen on trying an alt.anyone have a good recipe to start me off with.yeast will be wyeast 1007.

cheers
big d

Back