Almost Stuffed My Regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crd0902

Reaction score
Hi all just a post to say I had a close call today. I almost stuffed my regulator because I didn't depressurise my keg. I've only just started natural carbing my kegs and I put one into my fridge today and thought I would give it a shot of noss just to see if it had held pressure. Not thinking that maybe the keg had more pressure than the bottle was set at I saw beer going straight up the gas line. Lucky it was only slow do I pulled it straight off, bled the keg and hooked it up again pushing the beer back out. Lucky. So says a few things to me, I've overprimed the keg a little, think about what ya doing and buy a bloody non return valve.

I think my Regulator has a NRV built in.

Tesuco branded regulator.

Cheers,
D80

I don't think it was above the dip tube. I remember that one being really full and I had just moved it so I'm thinking the amount of beer that came out was just splashed up. It was only a drizzle not a full stream. I also think mine is a tesuco brand. I wonder. I've never got around to buying one as I never adjust the Pressure, I normally just gas at pouring pressure for a couple weeks.

I've read that you can have beer enter the gasline even when a keg is half full
If the beer foams up enough due to rapid decompression, it'll reach the gas dip tube

Latest posts

Back